Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,609 results
All reviews rooftop pool bus depot gama supermarket walking distance nice hotel shopping mall pleasant stay shower area strategic location spacious room local food komtar wigs floor penang maju gym
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2019

Stayed 5 nights, price was good. Location was convenient, close to Komtar bus station, and walking distance to Georgetown World Heritage area, and quite a lively part of town. Breakfast was OK, as was room service. Didn't use the pool.

Now for the bad. My luggage in my room was interfered with two days in a row! The first day a small (but annoying) amount of foreign currency was taken from my bag (there is a safe in the room, I didn't use it, lesson learnt). I used the safe for the remainder of my stay, however, second day, my bag was opened again, two days in a row!! Nothing taken the second time. I believe my room was accessed using plastic cards to 'pick the lock' (first day, a metro card, second day a really old Neo+ room card) - these were both left in the card 'socket' in the room, it could have been the cleaner also, but I really don't know. I reported this to the manager on the second day, and requested another room, which they provided. They were going to investigate (CCTV etc), I heard no more from them. There is no card security on the lift, so anyone can come in from the street and access the guest floors, which I don't think is acceptable these days. Overall pretty disappointed with that. Use the safe in the room provided. The guy I saw most on reception, didn't seem to grasp the concept that I had been robbed, either that, or he couldn't understand me, his English wasn't great, or he didn't care.

Not the cleanest hotel I have stayed at, decor, walls etc starting to look a bit tired. But for the price I paid, it was OK.

Room tip: Use the safe provided
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the Neo Plus hotel in Penang for a night's stay before returning to Kuala Lumpur, to allow us to enjoy the joys of Georgetown. The hotel is a modern city hotel, well located very close to all the major malls, bus station and street art. We stayed in a Superior room which included breakfast, and enjoyed a small, but comfortable stay. The room provided tea and coffee making facilities, and beautiful views of the city. However, the pool on the rooftop provided even better views and is a real bonus, especially at nighttime. The breakfast was fine, but probably no way near as good as the food available outside. The check in and check out were quick, with friendly and helpful staff. We would like to thank one of the restaurant staff for their advice in locating some modern street art which was hidden in a gem of a place right opposite the hotel! Thank you to the 'Chelsea' fan for your kindness. Overall, a good stay in a clean, functional and we'll located hotel, with a beautiful pool, all priced very well. We loved Georgetown and Penang.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank errolk700
Reviewed June 22, 2019

We (fortunately) stayed for only two nights before moving to our Batu Ferringhi hotel to explore the Penang capital.

Upon arrival, the reception informed (rather audaciously) that they were fully booked and that we would need to be accommodated in two single beds. We immediately asked for our money back to go elsewhere, mainly because of the receptionist attitude given that we had booked the hotel 7 months ago.

Magically they found a room claiming that "for once only" they would upgrade us. First of all, they were not doing us a favour... we had booked SEVEN months in advance. Secondly, they were clearly unable to plan their guest and allocate rooms accordingly so, again, no favours there. Thirdly, they were clearly lying a minute before saying they were fully booked. They had a double room but only when we asked for our money back they were prepared to give us. By the way, there was no upgrade at all.

Room was not cleaned properly, we found two clumps of long black hair in the bathroom and by the bed. We were only given two bath towels, no face no hand towels at all. Shampoo container was empty too. Duvet cover was dirty.

Safe was not working and it was not secured on the wardrobe either (you could just slide it out).

Breakfast was chaotic, had a poor selection and they were never replenishing things. The breakfast restaurant manager preferred chating with the staff at entry rather than guiding people in the restaurant ensuring that there were clean tables, cuttlery available (!!!!) - that you had to pick up yourself by the way), coffee as both days we had to wait for more to be made (!!!!), egg station was left unattended for no reason even when there were people waiting. Truly a joke.

Room maid did not clear the room, just made the bed, clumps of hair still there and not all bins emptied.

We had to ask for so much stuff to be rectified that eventually we gave up as we were only there for two nights.

Avoid at all costs.

Room tip: Avoid, much better hotels around there
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lina S
Reviewed June 21, 2019

check-in process was fast and quick, staff on duty was friendly and prompt. the room allocated was clean and spacious. breakfast was ok and enough for us. location of hotel was near shopping and market.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 18, 2019

The staff react very fast. Having problem with the access card but able to receive prompt help. Very clean but the design of the bathroom make the floor wet with water. Could improve on that. Overall very good.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Neo_AnthonyWee, General Manager at Hotel NEO+ Penang, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2019

Dear Maps54175318244,

Greetings from Hotel Neo+ Penang!

Thank you for choosing Hotel Neo+ Penang as your preferred accommodation during you’re recent visit

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and we greatly appreciate all your compliments.

We have shared your kind words to our team and they were happy to note you had a wonderful stay.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Regards,