See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 10, 2012

we booked with trepidition because of reviews we had read BUT we loved it, reception couldn't have been more helpful, we arrived early and thy gave us our rooms straight away. We loved it so much we stayed an extra 3 days and nights. Breakfast is an extra 5 RM for all you can eat but well worth the money ( £1 ) The pool area extra nice, children in the early morning but from 10.30 am onward only the occassional swimmer, the beach was right in front of the hotel, just down some steps from the pool. Maid service very good although the shower could use some "flash!. Overall would go again.

Room Tip: speak nicely to the reception staff, a little curtesy goes a long way. We had 6th floor, lifts, left side and sea view. Sunny late afternoon.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I was at this hotel during Oct 2011... had wanted a hotel that's not in Georgetown and also not at the touristy Batu Feringi. The interior of the room is abit run down.. but I think that's still ok. Make sure you get the sea-facing rooms and you will probably spend most of your time reading a book by that balcony! Amazing 180 deg view of the wide, open sea... Spot the cruise ships go by too...

Also.. you can easily walk over to Carrefour (opens till 1am!) and the new Straits Quay Marina Mall from the hotel... It takes around 20mins of slow walk to Carrefour.

Additionally, you will be spoilt for choice at the hawker centre that's just across from this hotel.. loads of great food just available here!

Room Tip: Get the sea-facing rooms!! its worth the extra price paid!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for three nights in February 2012. We found the staff of every category very polite and helpful. The lobby is spacious and the room is of a reasonable size. But I found the following lacking.
1.The towel hook behind the bathroom door had broken. This could easily be replaced.
2.The shower holder has broken. A bit more difficult to replace but it can be done.
3. The room could do with a bit more light such as a standing lamp next to the chair.
I called the hotel and conveyed my comments which were well received. The HR executive Miss Mazlizah was polite and receptive and said she would convey my comments to the Hotel Manager. Maybe the room I stayed in had the above defects. The hotel should carry out periodical maintenance. My wife and I like the hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again during our next visit to Penang.

Room Tip: Unfortunately there are no "No Smoking" rooms. If there is stale cigarrete smell in your room ask housekeeping to spray it with air freshener.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Given all of the mixed reviews of this hotel we were very pleasantly surprised! The breakfast buffet was one of the highlights - a very good selection of tasty food which varied daily. You could eat breakfast inside or out both overlooking the sea and on one day a load of dolphins swam past which was really nice. Beach by the hotel is fine for swimming and is nice and quiet. It's really easy to get around the island using the buses.

We did change rooms once due to a strong smell of cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation. It is clear that there are some minor maintenance issues with the hotel - things probably aren't repaired as quickly as they could be which seems to cause a lot of the other complaints. However, in general and for the price the hotel was very good.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2012

1st of all, this hotel isn't actually located at the middle of Georgetown...it's at Tanjung Bungah actually...luckily had my gps with me, so did not faced much difficulty locating this hotel...booked this hotel thru booking.com as me & wife attended a wedding of a friend of mine...took only 1 nite...amenities wise, almost everything was there...swimming pool, restaurant, etc...nothing much to wow about...the hotel is just okay...sufficient enough for a 1 night stay...

there's a shopping mall nearby which i can't remember the name of it...but nothing much there as it is just a small shopping mall...head a further 10 minutes to Gurney Plaza instead as it is much bigger with plenty more of choices for F&B and shopping...

one good thing about this hotel is that it's quite near to Batu Feringhi...if u want to be somewhere in the middle between Batu Feringhi and the town area, Georgetown/shopping, then u may consider Naza Talya Hotel...also, this hotel has a good view of the sea...

Pros:
-Reasonable rate
-Near to Batu Feringhi, Gurney Plaza & town area
-Basic ameneties
-View of sea

Cons:
-No complimentary internet (Wi-fi or wired)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AzfarAizat