“What a disaster..”
Review of Naza Hotel

Naza Hotel
Ranked #70 of 88 Hotels in George Town
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We booked via "Asia rooms" and at 180RM a night we were expecting atleast a half decent stay. What a disappointment.

The problems:

- Booked a deluxe room for 3 nights, not available first night when we arrived so upgraded (to room 801) but had to change rooms the next day. Ok I can handle this.

- no hot water in 801

- room to change to not ready in morning, told 30mins, 2 hrs later I had to chase it up. Moved to 702.

- dirty linen in 702

- no hot water in 702, change to 502 within 2 hrs of changing from 801-702

- hot water cuts out at 11pm in 502, ring reception and fixed, did they turn it off??

- breakfast closed 20mins early

- toilet in 502 runs all the time

- shower in 502 leaks all over the floor even though it is separate.

The rooms are of a low standard of cleanliness and well worn. Thenstaff are ok but let down by the poor hotel. I ended up getting a discount but only after having to ask for it. Overall I wish I did not stay here and after telling the sales manager of all the problems I hope they can rememdy them. The hotel has great potential.

Don't waste your time unless you pay under 100RM for a seaview double room with breakfast etc!!

There was two good things, the view and location next to the hawker food court for a great cheap meal or 3!!

• Stayed: July 2011

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Is not as i saw in the website. Sometimes looks like an old hotel in KL. The services front desk is not efficient and friendly. Need to do makeover the whole hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We spend two nights at Naza Hotel, rooms are nice, sea view, balcony, queen bed, nice bathroom, tv with world canal.
The breakfast is ncie, you have a great view of the beach even if yyou are inside but you can have you breakfast outside too near to the pool, different food for breakfast are proposes.
The beach is nice, but no one go really to go swimming in the sea,I think that is why there is a pool in the hotel. The pool is nice too

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Naza for 6 nights. The spacious room was a breath of fresh air for us, after our cramped room in Singapore. The hotel is a bit dated, and needs refurbishing, but the staff did their best to ensure that our concerns were attended to. When we first arrived, my husband noticed some stains on the sheets. They looked like age stains, but we asked for fresh ones, to be on the safe side. Housekeeping came in less than 5 minutes. This was generally the case, for the rest of our stay. Food served was catering more to locals, but is okay, considering the very reasonable room rate. We got a room on the 7th floor, with a balcony and a great view of the sea. The hotel has a tiny beach, but it is very pretty. We took long walks and had the beach mostly to ourselves as not many people took advantage of it. We did not see any jellyfish at all, though there were warning signs. It was a shame, though, that people partied on the beach on some nights and staff did not immediately pick up after them.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The positives first, room was big and comfy and had free wifi, hotel manager was nice.
Negatives, firstly there were geckos actually inside the room, can live with that in hot country. Then, I found ants nests inside the room, poor cleanliness, the air conditioning was broken, the path from the lobby to the pool they decided to water flowers and I fell over. Everytime I ate in the restaurant I got sick. The location is rubbish, the beach is TINY and dirty and not a shop or restaurant for miles, and the top of list, the bangladeshi hotel porter sexually harrased me for days because I am a young woman travelling alone, knocking on my door several times, calling my phone in the middle of the night etc. generally a very bad hotel, and I am not fussy, im currently in a Motel that is 80 RM a night and is far far better! Do not stay here unless every other hotel in Penang is fully booked. If you want this area, 5 mins down the road is Tanjung Bungah Beach which is not much more money and tons better!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank L0u_Bear
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Rooms clean with bedsheet changed daily.Pools are clean at about 10am daily.Repeative food at breakfast.Complimentary Internet available in lobby and room but you have to approach ONLY the recept gal wearing yellow shirt.its valid for 24hrs only so u have to get a new voucher daily.Everything was working fine until i came across this poor service recept gal in white shirt and very slim.I ask for the internet voucher cause i want to use it in the lobby, she actually can politely told me there is no internet access in the lobby.that rubbish, i got a full signal and a login screen.I didnt want to argue with her since she already telling lies.Minutes later i approach another recept gal in yellow shirt and got it instantly and she told me there is internet access in the lobby.On the last day, i book 2 taxis thru Izam, i presume the supervisor, his super helpful.got it booked and came down punctually to wait.15mins past without a single sight. i approach the same white shirt recept gal since she is the only one there.I ask her to check, she told me its on the way..fine,, 30mins past and still not here, i ask her again,told me the same thing without even bother calling them up.im in the rush to catch the coach, i left taking my luggage and drag them all the way out to the main road and got one.she should be sack for such poor altitude.Im NOT GOING BACK there again if shes still working there, i dont want to risk missing my transport home again. She totally spoil my whole experience in this hotel.The other staffs are very helpful thou.

Room Tip: make sure you insist on a double bed if required