See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Naza for 6 nights. The spacious room was a breath of fresh air for us, after our cramped room in Singapore. The hotel is a bit dated, and needs refurbishing, but the staff did their best to ensure that our concerns were attended to. When we first arrived, my husband noticed some stains on the sheets. They looked like age stains, but we asked for fresh ones, to be on the safe side. Housekeeping came in less than 5 minutes. This was generally the case, for the rest of our stay. Food served was catering more to locals, but is okay, considering the very reasonable room rate. We got a room on the 7th floor, with a balcony and a great view of the sea. The hotel has a tiny beach, but it is very pretty. We took long walks and had the beach mostly to ourselves as not many people took advantage of it. We did not see any jellyfish at all, though there were warning signs. It was a shame, though, that people partied on the beach on some nights and staff did not immediately pick up after them.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The positives first, room was big and comfy and had free wifi, hotel manager was nice.
Negatives, firstly there were geckos actually inside the room, can live with that in hot country. Then, I found ants nests inside the room, poor cleanliness, the air conditioning was broken, the path from the lobby to the pool they decided to water flowers and I fell over. Everytime I ate in the restaurant I got sick. The location is rubbish, the beach is TINY and dirty and not a shop or restaurant for miles, and the top of list, the bangladeshi hotel porter sexually harrased me for days because I am a young woman travelling alone, knocking on my door several times, calling my phone in the middle of the night etc. generally a very bad hotel, and I am not fussy, im currently in a Motel that is 80 RM a night and is far far better! Do not stay here unless every other hotel in Penang is fully booked. If you want this area, 5 mins down the road is Tanjung Bungah Beach which is not much more money and tons better!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank L0u_Bear
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Rooms clean with bedsheet changed daily.Pools are clean at about 10am daily.Repeative food at breakfast.Complimentary Internet available in lobby and room but you have to approach ONLY the recept gal wearing yellow shirt.its valid for 24hrs only so u have to get a new voucher daily.Everything was working fine until i came across this poor service recept gal in white shirt and very slim.I ask for the internet voucher cause i want to use it in the lobby, she actually can politely told me there is no internet access in the lobby.that rubbish, i got a full signal and a login screen.I didnt want to argue with her since she already telling lies.Minutes later i approach another recept gal in yellow shirt and got it instantly and she told me there is internet access in the lobby.On the last day, i book 2 taxis thru Izam, i presume the supervisor, his super helpful.got it booked and came down punctually to wait.15mins past without a single sight. i approach the same white shirt recept gal since she is the only one there.I ask her to check, she told me its on the way..fine,, 30mins past and still not here, i ask her again,told me the same thing without even bother calling them up.im in the rush to catch the coach, i left taking my luggage and drag them all the way out to the main road and got one.she should be sack for such poor altitude.Im NOT GOING BACK there again if shes still working there, i dont want to risk missing my transport home again. She totally spoil my whole experience in this hotel.The other staffs are very helpful thou.

Room Tip: make sure you insist on a double bed if required
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ATravellersTale
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Our room is at 3rd floor not really facing the sea but it is quite ok. The hot water, aircond & toilet are functioning well. However the breakfast buffet spread is not really good. Well I think it suit with the room rates which I think is quite cheap.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank myloaice
Reviewed June 12, 2011

The Hotel is situated at good location. It has its share of nice Beach. It is equally convenient to go to Batu Firanghi or Jetty area from the Hotel.

View of the sea from Deluxe Rooms is simple great. Personal balcony and large glass windows.

The only minus is very limited vegetarian options at the morning breakfast. Though fruits, milk, bread, butter , jams were available.

Good value for your money

Room Tip: Opt for Deluxe Rooms with Sea facing balcony
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple