“Unpleasant stay...”

Ranked #145 of 170 George Town B&B and Inns
Klang Bah Kut Teh
“Unpleasant stay...”
Reviewed March 4, 2009

I went there for a short trip so thought of staying in this hotel since it is in the town area which is convenient for me to travel out to the highway. However, when I drive into the parking lot, the place is so dark and I can’t see any security person at the exit point. The exit pole is also broken and I can’t see any CCTV camera around the parking lot so if bad things happen such as someone steal your cars, it will be an easy job for the carjackers. The hotel room is quite below the par and doesn’t up to the 3-star standard hotels. The bed sheets, towels, window curtain and the floor carpet need to be totally change as it looks like the room service staff never did their job to change it everyday. The staffs are not so friendly though as when I check in that time, the staffs are chit chatting among each other over the counter as though I’m invisible there. The breakfast provided are just “okay” and not much food provided. The room rates are quite expensive considering the services that I get. This hotel definitely will need to be refurbished as the whole hotel is in the sorry state. Would I come back and stay at this hotel? The answer is “NO”.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed January 13, 2009

Came back and stayed in this hotel again....(refer my review dated 15.10.08). It was absolutely a big mistake. My previous encountered with the staff was pleasant eventhough the hotel looked pretty tired, but this time around everything was not up to the standard at all. (The hotel still looked the same...no improvement) The service was absolutely a disgrace. No bellman was on sight to help with my luggage...the front desk staff were chatting away while checking in me as though I did not exist. The room condition was horrible. Even a cheap motel in Chulia Street looked better that the room given to me. Housekeeping service was horrible....they only changed your bedsheet.!!! The room itself was not even cleaned, the carpet was not even vaccumed. Debris everywhere!!

This was my 2nd trip to this hotel and will also be my last........I returned because of their good service previously and was definitely dissapointed this time. The hotel is in a terrible need to be renovated and staff need to be retrained.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service and rundown hotel
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these George Town hotels

Bursa, Turkey
Reviewed March 21, 2008

I stayed there only one day. Just near marine. thats all. but dont forget ı saw terrible things in other hotels. this is cheap hotel and nearly clean. I cant find satellite TV there. ıf you are alone, you can stay. but not for honeymoon.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brisbane
Reviewed January 25, 2008

Travelling with partner and kids 6 & 9. Desk staff were friendly and helpful and spoke good english. Got room 1601 for the first night. A large room with one queen and two large single beds. Nothing like the room on the website. Very tired and stained. Beds, however, were more comfortable than most of the slabs used in other hotels we had and it was very quiet. Leaking loo valve and shower rose and the aerator nozzle was missing from basin tap. Some of the TV channels were fuzzy with only a couple in english some of the time. (Not that we were there to watch TV.) The taped up in-room fire sprinkler nozzles were very concerning also. Definitely not worth the 300 RM we were being charged. The buffet breaky the next day was also shocking. My partner complained the next afternoon- calmly- and was shown another, marginally better, room which she said she would need to okay with me and while we were discussing it the manager appeared and offered us a suite on the 21st floor. Much better but still a bit tired. Back in KL a few days latter I read that the chain is spending up next year to refurbish their properties in Malaysia. I hope that this one gets it's fair share of the cash. It won't be soon enough.

• Liked — Proximity to the bus terminal and the view
  • Disliked — It was tired and breaky was cold.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family