“You shouldn't miss it! ”
Review of My Own Cafe

My Own Cafe
Ranked #5 of 1,385 Restaurants in George Town
Description: Our signature dish are Penang Asam Laksa and Nyonya/lemak laksa. Nyonya laksa usually available on Friday. Vegetarian spring rolls compliment well when you dipped in the laksa soup
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

What an amazing place :) only one plate to taste here but that also means very good quality! Enjoyed my laksa with a freshly fruit juice. The staff are super friendly (speak well English) and know how to make your lunch/dinner comfortable. On top of that, you have a beautiful street art on the wall, if this is not perfect to represent Penang! :D

Laksa = MYR 6 for big portion

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

I don't normally eat laksas but it was pretty much the only dish that this cafe sells so I tried one and it did not disappoint! The soup base was extremely flavorful and noodles the perfect texture and bounciness. We also ordered a mixed orange and apple juice (freshly squeezed) and it was refreshing. Definitely worth a visit if in Penang!

Reviewed August 20, 2016

My Own Cafe is a relaxed place where you can eat a very good Laksa (two portion sizes available) or grab a cold or hot drink. All very reasonably priced and the people who run the place are very friendly. Go there if you are in the area.

1  Thank bw018
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Had a really good lunch in this place.. The laksa was superb made by the uncle himself. The son himself makes fresh juices and the mom is a superb entertainer. Friendly family with really good hospitality. Would definitely visit this place again. 👍👍👍

Reviewed August 7, 2016

I came here at the recommendation from a staff at a nearby restaurant. The owners are very cheerful and friendly, and instantly made me felt welcome. The restaurant can get rather warm as there is no air-conditioning.

This place only serves one dish - assam laksa, but when it is this good, you don't need anything else. This is one of the best assam laksa I ever had.The laksa is flavorful; tangy, slightly spicy with a hint of sweetness. The noodles are smooth and springy. If the spiciness gets to you, there is a coconut ice-cream stall conveniently located within the restaurant's front porch.

Many people came here to take a photo of the street art painted on a wall in the restaurant. It's a pity that they didn't stay for the laksa as the dish is good enough to be an attraction. Come here for the street art, stay for the assam laksa.