“Very nice family little cafe.”
Review of My Own Cafe

My Own Cafe
Ranked #5 of 1,385 Restaurants in George Town
Description: Our signature dish are Penang Asam Laksa and Nyonya/lemak laksa. Nyonya laksa usually available on Friday. Vegetarian spring rolls compliment well when you dipped in the laksa soup
Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

I had the pleasure to meet with this place, thanks to nice lady, owner, asked me to take a picture inside of the cafe. I had very good time with Malaysian laksa for lunch, it was really really delicious. And very friendly place. I like it.
Thanks to kind of this place I would love come back to Penang more often and have a good memories.

1  Thank DmitryRobin

Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

They seeem only sell laksa n fresh fruit juice.

Laksa ~ very light compared to SG veion, without coconut milk n sour.

Well, pennang laksa, must try La...

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Lingyun
Reviewed June 2, 2016

Discovered this place by chance...but what a find! The assam laksa is one of the best I tasted and enjoyed in a comfortable and cool place to boot! Owners are super friendly too. Came back the next day to get some more for takeaway. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 16, 2016

Popped in here for a drink and some food while visiting the Peranakan Mansion and before the Khoo Kongsi temple. The staff were very friendly and very welcoming and it was a really nice place to escape the sun. The best thing about this place however was the Assam Laksa. I wouldn't call myself a connoisseur of laksa, coming from London, but this is the best I've had. It seemed to be the only lunch dish on the menu, but what else would you want? It was really tasty and one of the best dishes I've eaten in Malaysia without doubt.

The place may look a bit unassuming from the outside and I don't know that it's going to be found in any guidebooks, but I'd recommend anyone go here and try the Laksa. top marks.

Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

Great wee air conditioned pit stop from the heat of Penang. This cafe does not have an extensive food menu only serving small or large portions of laksa but it's central location means that it's a good place to stop and have a cold drink. There is a mural inside of a man on a bike which a lot of tourists miss unless they go inside. The mural looked remarkably like the bar owner so not sure if it was commissioned for him! Very friendly staff :-)