“Great desserts and fast wifi!”

Kopitan at Armenian St Heritage Hotel
Ranked #182 of 986 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I was staying at the Armenian Street Heritage Hotel and I would often come to Kopitan Classic which is connected with the hotel's lobby. Kopitan Classic had some really nice fruity drinks and desserts (I went for the banana split!), and I really appreciated being able to catch up on emails thanks to their fast Wi-fi (a rare find in Georgetown). The staff were also very friendly and always greeted us with a smile.

2  Thank Audrey B

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Okay now I have established that malaysian food is much of the same old same old, here we have an establishment that serves all of your favourites at hawker stall prices that is in a clean and enjoyable atmosphere.
This place is situated at the lobby of the Armenian st heritage hotel.
We ordered about 5 dishes to share between us and all found it to be if not great, really enjoyable.
What we all found though was the drinks WERE great.
Travelling around Asia you must use common sense and one of the things you must mind is the water quality and the ice that goes with it. So if the place looks dodgy that shaved ice really must go out the window.
Not here though all you need to do is look in the open kitchen and I decided here I can take a punt on the ice shakes.
You really must try the crushed iced mint mocha. Also the iced white coffee is really rather good.

The best bit... The bill for the same amount of food we had at a hawker stall was nearly half the price we paid there.
Drinks were so good we went back after wandering grabbing pictures around the heritage trail.
A main course with a drink starts from 8 rm.
For the cleanliness it must be worth more as it is hard to find a cheap and clean place together in georgetown you usually need to pick one or the other.
Recommended

2  Thank hamish88
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We went to eat in this restaurant after walking from Prangin Mall. The food is great, not too spicy, and the staff (I think the manager/owner is the one that take our order) is extremely friendly. My traveling companion drink two glasses of white coffee "peng", saying it's the best white coffee she ever had. Truly tempted to eat their fried ice cream dessert but I do not want to overeat as we have to walk to search for Penang's famous street arts, and long-distance walking and too much food is not a good combination for my sensitive stomach. Definitely will be eating in there again if I had the chance to return to Georgetown.

2  Thank sheena2968
Kopitan139, Public Relations Manager at Kopitan at Armenian St Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments and encouragement! We truly appreciate your kind review. As for our fried ice cream, it comes with 4 different flavours, namely, yam, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. We do have a variety of ice cream cake as well.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Arrived here in the evening. As there are not many eating places near the hotel, this is a welcoming place.Clean and not too noisy ambience.There is a good mix of local Penang food and casual Western food.Specialty dish is the Mama's Sesame oil Chicken.staff are friendly and helpful.

2  Thank ChrispyChoo
Kopitan139, Guest Relations Manager at Kopitan at Armenian St Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your nice review. Please try our famous Penang Spicy Prawn Noodle or Nasi Lemak next time. Cheers......

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been to Kopitan Classic many times. The place is conveniently located near my guesthouse. Menu is good and especially the drink selection is nice. Pricing is good, too. Not like the Chulia Street cafes. Overall it's a good place to have lunch or just a coffee.

They have wifi and outlets if you need to charge your devices.

2  Thank Kake_Spencer

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments and encouragement which we truly appreciated. As for our fried ice cream, it comes with 4 different flavours, namely, yam, chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. We do have a variety of ice cream such as Banana split and ice cream cake as well. Cheers