“Stop here for a coffee”

Ranked #28 of 170 George Town B&B and Inns
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Stop here for a coffee”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I didn’t realize this place was a hotel. We popped in for lunch this afternoon.

It’s a very nice looking place, traditional but clean and fairly comfortable. There was, however, no indication that it was a hotel. For us it just seemed like a café, a rather busy one at that.

As I said, we came for lunch, but didn’t find much on the limited menu. We settled for a tuna sandwich (RM10) and a coffee (RM7). The sandwich was surprisingly good, as was the coffee.
They also have some nice looking cheese cakes on display. I’d say it would be a nice place to come for coffee and hang, maybe read a book or magazine from the book shelf.

My camera battery was flat, but I will return to take some pictures so you can see for yourself.

Oh yes, the service also was very good. A waitress came to our table and graciously took our order, despite the established “order at the counter” system they had going.
So stop here for a coffee when you’re out touring Cannon St and the Armenian quarter.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I had a very pleasant stay here. Stayed for one night only but I had a memorable stay at this place.So far I've been to three different budget hotel and this is the best! place had this warm welcoming ambiance and it blew me away with their service and hospitality. The owner is friendly, the room I stayed in (deluxe) was worth the money spent. Toilet is very clean (yay!). They even allowed us to checkout late and didn't charge us extra for that. Definitely will come and stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends