“Great place for views”

“Great place for views”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Nice place
Bit pricy but all ok.
The roof top bar and rotating restaurant is a must try but think the buffet meal needs to go and have a proper Malaysian restaurant
Staff need a little more customer care.

• Stayed February 2014
bhgpg, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Rick72,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your endorsement on Bayview Georgetown being a nice place.

I have taken note of your comments over the buffet and level of service at 360° Revolving Restaurant and I will forward your comments to our partner for their review and further actions.

Thank you.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We spent 13 nights at the Bayview in a Superior room. The costs were a little on the high side but the room and facilities were well worth it. The rooms was big with HD TV, larger than usual safe (big enough for the average laptop +) and we have a fantastic view over the heritage area of Penang and up along Gurney Drive. The location of the hotel was perfect enabling quick and easy access to most touristy things. The Komtar and Prangin Mall (big shopping centres) were about a 15 minute walk away with lots of things to see on the way. Staff were extremely friendly and we must give special thanks to Abdul, one of the porters downstairs and Mohammad upstairs on the 16th floor in the superior lounge. Abdul was always friendly and gave lots of advise as to where to go. A genuine nice fellow. Mohammad served us breakfast most days and was always friendly. Reception staff also were very helpful and friendly. The only negatives were the fact that the bed was very hard (reminisent of beds in Phuket) and most morning I woke up with a sore back, also the Air conditioning could not be adjusted, it was either very cold or we just turned it off. These negatives were not the end of the world. Overall we loved our stay and the Bayview and if we go back to Penang we will certainly consider the Bayview again

Dear Brentwood_Resort,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us experiencing a nice big room with good amenities and a fantastic view from the rooms couple with a great location of the hotel.

I am also happy that you had experience good service from all my staff especially Abdul who is the Head Concierge and Mohammad from the Premier Lounge. I will certainly convey your message to them.

I have taken note of your comments on the bed and I apologize for this. We do have a bed comforter (on request) that we can place on the bed for guests that needs a softer feeling.

I would appreciate it if you could message me your room number so that I can get Maintenance to look into the air conditioning temperature control device.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed 5 nights just a couple of weeks ago. Excellent service, very accommodating and responsive staff, great location and really enjoyed sunsets at the skybar on the roof. Drinks were pricey for the area but the view made it worth it. The deluxe room was very spacious and quiet with a big picture window view of the town. The non-smoking part of the hotel was really non-smoking. I thought it was a great stay for the price, would stay there again and recommend the place to friends.

Room Tip: Saw tip to ask for higher floor which I did and it was fine but didn't get the impression it was...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
BHGPenang, Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear J O,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you very much for your review during your recent stay and rating us with a 4/5 score. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the services provided by my team was to your satisfaction.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Kind regards,

Ireland
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Great location close to the historic old town - short walking distance . Large clean room with huge bed and wonderful view of the bay . Only downside is you cannot open the windows so must use aircon for fresh air . Rooftop bar is brilliant with good wine on offer . Watched sunset and also fireworks on Chinese NewYear . Breakfast is fine - good egg station . ( better breakfast in Bayview Langkawi) . Front desk staff & porters very helpful . They went out of their way to get taxis for us to the ferry early in the morning . Went to the hairdresser who did a great job of blowdrying my hair which is long-would recommend him . .Would stay again if in Penang .

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear TripFanIreland,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you for the lovely review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that everything went well with your stay and that you had a nice experience with our large clean room, big bed, excellent location and not forgetting the wonderful view from the room. I regret that you do not allow opening of the windows in all rooms for safety reasons.

Thank you for endorsing on our good buffet breakfast and the level of good service from all my staff.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Memorable experience in Penang.
Being a resident in the Bayview Hotel 'The Revolving Restaurant & Skybar at "R" floor was very convenient for us and we decided to eat there on our first night in Penang. We were seated at a table by the window, the ambience was romantic and relaxed. We were impressed with the local buffet menu which was extensive and had something for everyone. The whole experience was fabulous, Intuitive service, quality wine and outstanding food. We were so impressed with dinner that we returned during our stay for their Rooftop bar.This was an absolute bargain for their Three Sixty Cocktail's. We were again treated to brilliant service and the drinks presented to us was divine. The experience was sensational and my Husband thought we had miss calculated the cost per head, it was that good we were gobsmacked it was so reasonable. If you are resident at the Bayview or just in Penang you really should try it here, it's a very special place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Happy Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. Your positive ratings of the hotel especially its location and the rooftop bar are very much appreciated.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bayview Hotel Georgetown on your next visit to Penang.

Singapore
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Breakfast. The hotel's breakfast is so so. However, one item stands out. It is the kaya. It is its white bread with kaya and butter. Toast a piece of white bread and spread it with the home made kaya n butter. It itastes as good as Yah Kun's.

• Stayed February 2014
BHGPenang, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
huikwan
Singapore

“Breakfast”
Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile 4/5

Dear Hui Kwan,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang!

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Penang and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It is great to note that you have enjoyed the “kaya” and butter spread on white toast.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another yummy Bayview toast Yah Kun’s style!.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Room with clean bathroom. Nice view. Good location. Nice breakfast with out of expectation. Nice swimming pool. Everything is excellent while we staying there, the only BAD thing is the service in Sawadee Thai massage which is located at 4th floor in the hotel. After a whole day travel with walking, me and hubby thought of having a good foot massage before go into the bed, who knows..there was a lady served us when we walked in, she showed us the menu of massage for foot 1hr is RM79.50. but she charge us at RM160 for 2person. Then she bring us a warm water for soak foot. and about 5min after she was started the massage for my hubby. BUT i still never see any other massuer, that's fine..after waiting about 10min, then i only saw another lady came in and sit in front of me, she is the massuer that massage for me, once she sit down, her phone is ringing and she just ran out to answer call and after about 5min she came back to her place, the i was started fed up and ask her:"are u done your thing and can we start?" and she said okok. So i started had my foot massage after my hubby already enjoyed his massage for 15min. This all still ok for me if she finish her 1hr massage for me, but.. u can't believe that i was started late 15min than my hubby but i was finish my massage ealier than my hubby!!!and i was like shock and sit aside to wait for my hubby to finish his massage!! What service is this?? Don't ever and never try massage in this SAWADEE Thai Massage in this hotel!!

tiengtieng_jo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

“Everything is good Except the service in Sawadee Thai Spa & Massage” 4/5
Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Dear tiengtien_jo,

Greetings from Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your positive review of your recent stay with us and endorsing on our various aspects of our Hotel that had given you an excellent stay here.

I am sorry to hear of the poor experience at the Spa and I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory service that you had received from the errant Masseur and I will make known to our partner that operates Sawasdee Health Care Centre of your comments with regards to the staff concerned. I am sure they will improve on their services there.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you and we hope to welcome you back again soon.