“Hostel with the best beds”
Review of Super K Hostel

Super K Hostel
Super K Hostel
“Hostel with the best beds”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

After 11 weeks I arrived in Malaysia and since it was my last week I booked some places in advance. One of them was Super K.

There is not even a single part inside me that regrets I booked Super K. First of all awesome staff! Nice to hang out with or talk with! Second of all the place is very clean. And the most important one of all: the matresses. These are so good that you wont get out of bed. Checkout at 12.00 will be difficult. Best matress I had in 11 weeks traveling. I stayed in a resort and hotels as well. But for RM25 this is a place worth your money!

As I will return to malaysia I will return to superK!!

Keep up the good job guys!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kampong Kedah, Kedah, Malaysia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have traveled to 5 continents and stayed at countless hostels, but I have been most pleased by this hostel. The service is friendly, the beds are VERY comfortable, the AC is great, the wifi works well, the areas are clean, it's in a great location, and all of these features come at a low price. I am amazed that this place actually is all it says it is (and more, with such hospitable workers who genuinely care about how your stay is, a piano, a hair dryer, a wall map, a 24hr convenient store right below, etc). If I'm in the area again I will definitely be back at the same place!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thailand
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

super k is a fantastic hostel. From the friendly, kind staff to the chiropractic mattresses and clean rooms. I had a great stay. Loved the small touches like the paintings, the books and piano. The bathrooms and toilets were always clean. Each bed had curtains for privacy. I highly recommend this hostel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am not writing this review out of politeness, I am writing it because this hostel is pretty much a travels heaven.

We were walking round George Town looking for reasonable hostels and nothing was taking our fancy, it was then that one of the members of staff from Super K noticed how lost we looked, he offered to show us his hostel and if we didn't want to stay he would point us in the right direction.

This has to be one of (if not the) best hostels we have stayed at: the beds are the comfiest, the area is clean (and the staff proactive about it), the people are friendly, it is fantastically placed so you are central to almost everthing, the washroom facilities are fantastic and there is a piano and guitar there (what more do you want)!?

But you want to know what the best part is? The fact that the staff talk to you about how they can improve it, we only had a short visit to the area and I am already planning my return, well when I go back to the area I know where I am staying at.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Why am I writing this?....well because Lloyd and Alex told me that once I left I probably wouldn't, and reverse psychology seems to be up there with gullible in my personal dictionary. But more importantly...because it's a place worth reviewing.

One of the consistent features you'll find in all of these reviews is how comfortable the mattresses are. The sign out the front says they're orthopaedic....I don't know about that, but I do know that last nights hangover won't be the only thing keeping you in bed until all hours of the afternoon.

And if it's a party you're looking for, this is the latest and greatest place to be, especially with the grand opening of the Super K cocktail bar just downstairs and next door! Besides serving up some of the best drinks and burgers in town, it's convenient location takes the mystery out of remembering where you live after a big night out...all you have to do...is navigate the stairs.

For those of you not looking for a party, do not distress. Super K offers multiple dorm rooms and individual, private rooms as well. You'll find something there to suit all needs. If it's culture and creativity you seek, you don't get more cultured than having a piano available in the main hall for those able to play it.

This place is urban warehouse meets city chic. Created by a group of friends from various artistic backgrounds, the people you will meet while you are here are as fascinating and quirky as the art they create and share....surpassed by none in their humility, generosity and sense of humour.

Expats of Penang, this is not just their work, this is their home and a very personal project....you'll walk away truly grateful for them having shared it with you; for being able to have shared it with them.

Super K! Super Kooooool!!!

Thanks guys!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Staff are the funniest and most humble people we've met, located right in town so everything is round the corner. Cheap rates and the beds are so comfy. Also the shop below has loads of helpful stuff for travellers.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A fun place to stay with helpful people who care about their guests. The rooms are new and clean including very comfy beds. It felt like staying at a friends place! I can recommend this place to all travellers who are looking for a nice, clean and uncomplicated hostel with a warm atmosphere!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends