“Beautiful Mosque”

Ranked #10 of 141 things to do in George Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Last week I went to Kapital Kliing Mosque with are friends from Japan.We was greeted by the staff of the mosque.Since all my friends a lady,they have to wear robes ,as respect for those who was there for worship.
It's beautiful to see from exterior.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Beautiful simple Islamic architecture. Location next to other worship attractions and you can go inside and talk to the Imam who will give you a brief on the history of the mosque which dates back to more than 200 years

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Kapitan Keling is oldest mosque in George Town. It is interesting to see that all shops and banks are closed between noon and 1 PM and employees are heading to this mosque to pray for a while.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering, I was greeted by a volunteer who was more than happy to tell me about the mosque. Before we started, he showed me to some robes since I was wearing a dress, as respect for those who were there for worship. I was only allowed in the lobby where the the volunteer explained to me the different cultural facades of the mosque, the separated area for the women which he allowed me to take a peek, and gave me a short history of the mosque as well as a small summary of their prayer times. Even if you do not enter the mosque, it is beautiful to see from the exterior.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Good to see it, of course during a walk around trip. Nice beautiful mosque, nice minaret.
no parking here, crowdy street, so watch out when passing the road.