1. The service. The front-desk crew is unbelievably helpful and friendly. One example of many: we asked for a food hawker (the awesome cheap food all over Georgetown) recommendation...they typed out four pages of personal opinions and directions.
2. The veranda. Malaysia is hot hot hot. This hotel has a cool, open-to-the-outside-breeze, koi-pond-and-fountained, gorgeously decorated with antiques escape from the heat and noise. It was the perfect place to siesta every afternoon after a morning of exploring.
3. The room. Air-conditioned and decorated with unique antiques. Shuttered windows, nice big shower, super comfortable and beautiful.
4. The location. This hotel is right on the edge of the outer Heritage circle. It's just a 5-10 minute walk away from the areas of Georgetown you're going to be exploring --- and it's super quiet as it's off the main roads and bustling areas.
5. The breakfast -- free -- is delicious.
If I ever go back to Georgetown, I'll be staying here. It's cheap right now since they're new...book it before it gets better known because it's definitely going to cost more. Definitely WORTH more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step back in time and savour the opulence of a bygone era at the Museum Hotel. Located in a restored historic building in the heart of George Town, this gem of a boutique hotel offers a unique glimpse into the golden past of this world heritage listed city. Each spacious, luxuriously appointed themed suite is one-of-a-kind, and a guests-only museum within the hotel features a remarkable private antique collection. Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of Penang while you indulge your senses in luxury at the Museum Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Museum Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Museum Hotel Penang/George Town