All reviews free breakfast lounge area other guests shared bathroom hostel lockers dorm beds georgetown wifi earplugs malaysia sinks laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

If you have to leave at morning, be careful,that you get your deposit back. They know that I have to leave at 7.15am, and reception should open 7am. But no staff at reception. So I din't get my deposit.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank pinksuliini
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

It's a real shame about this hostel. It's in a great location, the beds are lovely, the communal area is good and it has a very modern feel to it.
However, the staff don't clean or maintain the place at all. I stayed 4 nights here and the shared bathroom only got cleaned on my last day because someone had mentioned it to reception. Out of the 3 toilets only 1 had toilet tissue for all my stay and out of the 2 showers only 1 works and that is still broken (all in the girls bathroom).
With check in and check out they don't seem to know who's in what room.
When walking passed reception the girl with the bow on top of her head is CONSTANTLY on her phone, doesn't even acknowledge you are there. She really doesn't have any interest in the company at all. I really hope she is a volunteer and isn't getting paid for doing nothing.
There are signs all over asking you to remove your shoes but I saw the housekeeper out in the street in a pair of sandals then in the kitchen with the same sandals on then the girl with the bow doing the same. Just don't even adhere to their own rules.

Such a shame. Hopefully if I do ever return they will have a team that care and clean.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank VJA_Legros
Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

The interior of the hostel is lovely and the keycard system is great. I felt safe to leave my stuff in the dorm. Beds are nice, lower bunks got curtains and upper ones got a high wall giving you privacy. Huge plus! Hot showers, rather clean bathrooms.

Then the reasons I couldn’t give 5 stars.

1. WiFi not working almost at all during 2 night stay!? In the reception extremely slow, in the dorms not working at all and in the lounge area sometimes ok and then really slow. This was a huge issue for a person working online. It’s 2018, good WiFi is a basic thing in accommodations.

2. The reception had a staff member that seemed moody, even a bit annoyed and arrogant when asking for help.

3. My blanket stunk of laundry detergent so much that I got a headache. Laundry detergents are one of the most toxic products around, it’s advisable to use natural products! And definitely not overuse the conventional ones.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank 645annih
Reviewed November 30, 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. It’s easy to find, great location and is in walking distance of everything you need to see in Georgetown. The dorms are spacious, very clean and secure - the doors are opened with room cards and lockers are provided in the rooms. The beds are a good size also. There is a communal area upstairs which is great for relaxing - free tea and coffee all day which is a bonus!! On our last night they hosted a party and cooked food for all the residents and bought pizza. We had great fun here and met loads of new people. The reception wasn’t great as we had to check out early but we were assured someone would be there for half 7, when we checked out and they weren’t, meaning we had to wait. Overall, a great stay - would recommend

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Overall satisfactory stay, but there's one thing which is not satisfied- reception counter.
Most of the time there are no one in the counter.
Waited almost 20 minutes outside at 9pm on the first day of checking in, no door bells and no body is answering the calls.
On the day of checking out (7.45am), nobody is in the counter too, and the phone number given is not functional at all.
Hopefully there's improvement.