All the reviews written below are fair and accurate. Given I m a prolific traveller whom stayed in no star to 5 stars you can expect me to write it "as it is". Here goes:
1. outside appearance does not appeal esp the estastics of the condo. There is a residential and only a few units are leased out by investors whom don t live in the condo. The condo is managed by a property management company whom will attend to your check in and check out. There is thus no concierge or before or after work hours service.
2, The unit is fully air-conditioned with furnishings and amenties but note Penang is a food haven and there is little need to eat in when there is so much delicious Penang hawker food to fancy cuisine.
3. The apartment is clean enough for my wife, whom cannot stand having dirty linens or floor. Here the floor is clean and smooth and you don t need to wear shoes or socks.
4. Toilets/Showers in 2 rooms (one en-suite) and water pressure is good (has hot water too).
5. Lounge has a good couch with box cable tv with chinese, indian, malay and news channels. Dinning table and crockery provided.
6. 3 rooms fit 5 well. Quite roomy !
Any minuses ?
1. some common areas outside apartment are unkempt with unwanted furniture. Beyond the control of management co,
2. may not be easy to find a cab outside the apartment !
3. not that near to shops as far as our eyes can see, you may need to walk out further... there is no sidewalk so beware of traffic (one way). However a church and a hospital a few doors away.
4. may cost you RM20- 30 to take a cab to Gurney drive or Straits shopping centre. Taxis don t go by meters in Penang. The roads in Penang are "one way only" in many parts of town around here eg Burmah Road, Macquarie, if you are from out of town you are better off with a GPS - those without esp foreigners will find it hard to navigate the roads in Penang. If you are here over the super long weekend it ll be horrific driving.
5, there is no pretty sea or mountain views outside your windows so don t expect much other than tacky looking neigboring apartments. However you don t really need views as badly as decent beds and a central staging point to travel around.
6. management co don t accept credit card for payment only cash so be forewarned despite Booking,com taking your credit card details
I paid RM370 per nite for 3 rooms for my group of 5 and I m satisfied overall. If you are in a group/ family of 5, this place is ideal (but don t expect luxurious décor) and if you drive (taxis can fit 5 btw).
Trust you don t have a bad stay...let the rest TA travellers know if you do !!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Noble Villa Apartment reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Noble Villa Apartment Penang/George Town