“Perfect getaway!”

Ranked #29 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect getaway!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Macalister Mansion - What a wonderful experience! Everything under one roof!
Staffs are friendly and helpful. The check-in process was a breeze, while we sat and enjoyed our tasty welcome drink. Once I stepped into Room 4, it was hard to leave the room! After a few hours of lazing around the room, I decided to have a dip in the pool. Great choice, as I had the pool all to myself and it felt like my own mansion with a private pool. Even if there were other guests around, it would not have been crowded at all as MM only has 8 rooms. I simply loved the privacy.
Dinner time! The tasting menu is a must have! Exquisute!
If you are up for some music or dancing, Bagan Bar is just right next to the dining. For some quiet chit chat over coffee, the cafe is round the corner too! Oh and not forgetting the whiskey bar! There is a pool table as well at the cafe. Take your pick!
Every little corner and room in Macalister Mansion is designed to its perfection. Attention to details and little touches here and there makes it ever so special.
2 thumbs up for this beautiful establishment! Suggestions for improvement would be the sound from the car park. Conversations late at night from customers leaving Bagan could be heard. The car park music which comes on at 8am woke me up the next morning, but I continued to laze on the comfy bed, surrounded by pillows.
I will be back again and it would be for a longer stay! A perfect getaway in my hometown!

Room Tip: Room 4! However, check out the various designs and pick your favourite out of 8 special rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MolaGirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
Malaysia
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was looking for a short getaway, and I didn't wanted the hassle of going to the airport. My dear friend suggested Macalister Mansion, I said why not.
Well definitely a great choice, once i step into this boutique hotel, I was in another world. They have 8 rooms, they are all in different sizes. Room 4 , caught my eye as it has a spiral stair case to the tower.
As I step into the room, I was simple overwhelm by the design and elegance of the setting. The bed was soft, great for just being lazing around the whole day. The mini bar was complimentary, and the toiletries was excellent. They even provide a bottle for bubble bath, talk about soaking and relaxing!!
Dinning was impeccable, the tasting menu was top notch. It was better than expected, kudos to the chef! The food was just simply marvelous.
After a great meal what can you do? 2 choices , 1) go back to the room and rest 2) party!!
either choice, you can do it all within the vicinity of MM. The bistro next to the dinning restaurant, spins great music!!
I love the fine touches that was put in place to make me feel special, and the staff at MM definitely gets high marks for that. Simple things like stationary with my name on it, lovely!
The breakfast menu was excellent, and it was complimentary with the room too.
I had a late check out as I was very reluctant to leave the place.
The place is located in town, hence it is nearby to all local food fares and other restaurants.
A few minor complains though, noise from the car park can be heard. The bathroom didn't have sufficient places to hang my towels. Either than that, thumbs up!

Would I go back there again, of course!

Room Tip: Room 4!!! Cafe food is good too, try the cakes!!!Love the turn down service!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Patrick O
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Furnishing is top notch.
Staffs are well trained
Great restaurant.
Beds are like ur sleeping on God's belly. Overall.... Worth the money and was on pre opening rates. The pool side was okay imho but the pool bar is awesome. They have a restaurant which beats any five star hotels anytime in terms of the menu and the service.... Hands down. I'm impressed. The people behind it must have either ran a successful hotel before or just have a lot of passion in what they do. Only one complain which is i wont be enjoying the same pre opening rates anymore when am back to this beautiful town next!

• Stayed November 2012