“offers something for every taste”

Zhu Yuan Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #238 of 1,016 Restaurants in George Town
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This purely vegetarian restaurant (which I think is owned and managed by a buddhist family) has something to offer for most food preferences. I prefer plain tofu meals and can higly reccomend the spinach soup that comes with the most delicious tofu I have ever had (can't be compared to any of the regular chunks you get outside in the food stalls). I can also recommend the "vegetarian egg" which I first, to be honest, felt a bit sceptic of. But I tried to stay open minded, tried it, and wow, it was really good! I would say the meals are cheap, at least those which I have tried. It doesn't cost more than at the mama restaurants which I think are percieved as good value for money. Here, however, your body also feels it is good value for money.

When I entered Zhu Yuan I immediatly got the feeling that I had come to a place that was managed by love and kindness. The atmosphere, in spite of ongoing asian tele novelas on the big TV screen, is calm and relaxing and is exactly what I need after spending some time in any of the shopping malls located nearby. The ethical aspects behind this menu is nothing that this restaurant uses to sell in their products in any way like many other "super eco environmentally friendly vegan" restaurants do (I support these guys as well). However, this gives Zhu Yuan and authentic, original and genuin touch.

1  Thank Nadja T

Reviewed March 8, 2013

hubby and i went for dinner after a good massage in prangin mall. knew the restaurant through tripadvisor so, we checked it out. the place is good for families. you can choose from the readily available viands or you can order from the menu. hubby and i are not really vegetarians but their "meat" dishes were decent. vegetables were fresh and had clean taste to it. staff were nice and friendly.

2  Thank waget
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The foods and the environment was excellent. Especially for the foods, it is suitable for those vegetarians that come from any country . I try the Hai Nan chicken set , it's really taste goods,
The price is consider acceptable too. It is a good place for vegetarians and non-vegetarian to take their lunch and dinner at this restaurant.

2  Thank Leeping_13
Reviewed March 3, 2013

very delicious, a clean place and also very good services. Price with reasonable.
you can bring along your family as they provided with family packages for dishes.
it's a nice place for lunch & dinner.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very good food and friendly restaurant, I mean friendly boss, haha
Many choice of food, Chinese western, whoever come over will like the food very much