All reviews inner courtyard chulia street wooden shutters vip suite electrical outlets street noise within walking distance beautiful old building little india enjoyed my stay the ground floor would definitely stay here again an extra bed stayed for one night old style fresh fruit penang food
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at Cintra and it was very nice, you have a lovely court inside where you take your breakfast.
There is no TV in the room but we weren't in Penang for the TV....
Staff very helpfull, very good location also.
Highly recommanded!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed here last week and I found 3 things that made me wish I was at another hotel. One was the fact that our room was right next to the road and therefore we could hear every vehicle that passed by in the 2 nights that we were there. Secondly, there was not a TV in the room. For those who do not mind this, then maybe its ok, but for the price we paid, we expected at least a small tv to numb the noise from the motorbikes/cars/trucks passing by. Thirdly, breakfast starts at 8am which is late by our standards. One good thing is that the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Please don't choose Room 203 (twin room).
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Alert to all Tourist, Georgetown was not the safe place for traveling, there is Hindu and Malay Robber every way... they see police nothing,

for Tourist who taking photo of Street Wall Art, there is robbers are waiting behind, please take care of your camera, and ladies beg. especially little india street and Chulia Street.

it was just happen on 30 Nov 2012, few cases are report to police station for robbed by motor cyclist.

we hope Pulau Pinang government look into this matter and we wont enter Pulau Pinang Georgetown again until it safe.

for who would like to spend money on Pulau Pinang, pls take note of this.

Hotel was not a issue, service are good. price acceptable, food are great too.

Wish u all, all the best.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank JackeyHo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you stay in Penang, you need to stay in a shop house – it’s a big part of the Georgetown experience, and one that is not to be missed. I’ve been to Penang five times, and this is perhaps the best option I have seen in Penang for travelers that aren’t going for complete luxury.

The owner definitely put some extra love making this a very comfortable place to stay while retaining the charm and atmosphere of the old architecture. Everything was very neat and tidy and the breakfast that was included was also a step up from what is typically offered at other places in Penang – decent coffee, bread, eggs, and fruit.

Even though the building is located near a fairly busy street, it is extremely quiet. However, one word of caution – in room 205 you may get woken up by the morning prayer from a nearby mosque. It only lasted 2 or 3 minutes – much shorter than in other parts of Malaysia and Indonesia. Other people in our group who were staying in other rooms didn’t hear it at all however.

The staff is also out of this world as well. They are all extremely friendly and helpful, and definitely go the extra distance to make sure your stay is perfect. But what did it for me was that when I left a nice pair of shoes behind, they shipped them to me internationally (without asking for the payment in advance).

I would recommend Cintra to anyone who is going to Penang for a few days. You won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christopher J
Reviewed November 11, 2012

A great little renovated Chinese shop house. I stayed there on a quick overnight stopover in Penang. The room was nicely appointed and decorated. The location of the hotel was excellent, as it was right in the heart of Chinatown. The shower had excellent water pressure - a nice change in for South East Asia. The staff were nice and tried hard to please. There were lots of cheap and delicious eats nearby. Great value for money.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo