“good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Yeng Keng Cafe

Yeng Keng Cafe
Ranked #70 of 881 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Chinese, Cafe, Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were tired after a walk and stumbled upon this cafe. Food was good and service was good. We had a spring roll that was big enough for us to share. It tasted as good as it looked.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Poor services”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went with my colleque for dinner, we are enjoying the food while dissappointed the staff was fighting and arguing in front of customers ,,, it's a bad manner services. We are planning once a having birthday party for my daughter,, then i don't thing so,it's a not a right place to celebrate the party and i don't thing so we will coming to this place anymore,,and i won't recomended to go the place anymore,,its a very shamefull for me.

San Jose, California
“Good place to treat the elders”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We love the menu which specialised in Chinese Nanyang Cuisine, especially the Hainan and Baba & Nyonya cuisine. The food, the furniture, and the atmosphere will surely bring a lot of good memories and strike great conversation as we enjoy the food.

• Visited August 2013
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious and simple with feel-like-home ambient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is one of the need-to visit cafe in Penang. The food is simple and delicious. If you're bored with the usual Penang delicacies, please come to this cafe to try out the original Hainanese food.
The cafe is well decorated and is situated in a heritage house.
Those who plan for a visit to Penang, please stop by here.
My visit to this cafe will not be the last.

• Visited September 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Authentic Malaysian Style Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My wife and I had breakfast at this cozy little cafe one morning. We stayed at the Yeng Keng Hotel as well. Both the service in the hotel and cafe were unbelievably amazing. The food in the cafe was delicious. I grew up in Malaysia as a kid and the breakfast food was exactly the same as I use to have as a child. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone who wants try real, authentic, and typical Malaysian food.

• Visited September 2013