“Dessert Heaven”

Cuisines: Asian, Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Breakfast,lunch or dinner this place does all of them well,but lunch is the time to go and eat after a morning sightseeing in George Town. Leave room for a dessert as they are superb!!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

China House is a great funky cafe/restaurant with a vast selection of cakes. The cafe is very popular and with good reason. The cakes served were delicious, and the atmosphere of the cafe was very chilled. On the night that we visited, there was even an open mic night.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

When I and my fiancée walk in the restaurant, the environment is really attract us.....luckily is not a peak hour for lunch, else you'll have a long wait if without any reservation. Is still early for me to have lunch ..... so we just order a breakfast wrap and a takka sandwish ......honestly...the food taste is special and creative.... And of cause the taste is good.....overall every thing is fine for me but only one thing I concern about is before order our meal, my fiancèe ask the waitress is there any recommendation, the waitress just pop up "takka sandwich" without further explanation and all the while she is looking on the order form and waiting for our orders.....it make us feel like we are not welcome at all....after we finish order our meal...she just walk away without confirm our order again......when our food is serve by others waitree we found that this is not apply to all waitree/waitress....it might because the first waitress who serve us is new join....and i believe with she's attitude....it might give a bad first impression to other customer.....

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Variety choice of dessert with "friendly staff" at the beginning. A huge confussion over the bills and arguments between the item which is not taken. As I can see that there is no itemise bill on the things you orded. Would be my first and last visit. Not recommending to my friends!

1  Thank SHo_13
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This restaurant/cafe was recommended to us by our hotel concierge and we easily found it after a day's wandering around Georgetown. The cafe was a buzz with diners and we opted to dine in the quieter restaurant area. The decor is wonderful, with lots of interesting artworks and displays. Our meal was divine, melt in your mouth lamb and yummy sides to match. Just could not say no to dessert with the House Specialty being the Tiramasu and OMG it lives up to its reputation. A definite revisit whenever were back in Penang