“Value for money”

Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Singapore, Singapore
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Booked family room through Agoda for 1 night stay. Room is located on 9th floor which is the executive level. Quiet as there's only 4 rooms on the same level.

Check-in was prompt & service acceptable. Baby cot was provided FOC. Room is fairly spacious, clean & modern, just as in the photo from the hotel website. Walking distance to new lane hawker center.

Limited breakfast selection. Fair value for money.

• Stayed August 2012
HSGeorgetown, Manager at Hotel Sentral Georgetown, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greetings from Hotel Sentral, Georgetown.

Thank You so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitor about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed the location and your stay with us at Hotel Sentral, Georgetown.

I have taken note of your comments and please be assured that your feedback is taken seriously and steps to address the issue has been discussed at length with my team.

We thank you for choosing us as your preferred choice of stay and looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip.

Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel and will like to share my thoughts:
Good points
1) Good location, many food outlets, restaurants and shopping near hotel
2) Clean and bright rooms with big king-sized bed and big Plasma TV
3) Value for money with decent breakfast provided, porridge, fried kway teow, fried rice, bread, french toast, etc...
4) Staff is very kind and thoughtful as they give us rooms on the same floor

Bad points
1) No facial tissues
2) No slippers
3) No Wifi for rooms at 8F

Overall, we enjoyed the stay and we liked the location of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the lower floors if you need free wifi in your room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sujuanna

Greeting from Hotel Sentral, Georgetown.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the location and you have enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Sentral, Georgetown.

I have taken note of your comments and please be assured that your feedback is taken seriously and steps to address the issue have been discussed at length with my team.

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We booked a room via Agoda.com (be careful because although they are cheap, they have glitches in their system) and requested a high floor with a double bed. I also called and spoke to reception and reservations to make sure we got these requirements.

However, on arrival, we were greeted by a receptionist with a bad attitude. When we finally checked in (after 2pm), it took forever for him to find our booking. I reminded him about our requests- when he realised they had not booked us a double bed, he scrambled to find us another room and enlisted the help of his much more friendly colleague. They found us one on the first floor, and when we complained that we wanted a high floor as requested, the gentleman told us they had upgraded us to a deluxe room, which they definitely had not- our room (113) was right in the corner of the hotel, with a view of a tiny side lane, and a lot smaller than the other rooms on the floor.

The room, although small, was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was also very quiet. The bathroom is tiny, with an electric shower which has poor water pressure. You get two free bottles of water a day, there is a bar fridge and a security box. The wifi is acceptable though it does often cut out. You only get very selected channels on the flat screen TV but they were sufficient. There were quite a lot of cobwebs around the ceiling, nicks and marks on the walls, which should be addressed. There is limited free parking available but there is a lot of security and you can safely move your car as required. Check out is at 12 noon.

The other staff we encountered from housekeeping and the concierge, were friendly and professional- we just had a problem with some of the reception staff.

The hotel is a little far from the main touristy area of Georgetown, but there is a great hawker stall at the intersection with Jalan Macalister that is open later in the day into the night, it is a close to a few shopping malls and KOMTAR, where you can get the free CAT shuttle bus that does a loop into the touristy spots.

Overall, I think that the hotel is a little overpriced (especially if you buy a room on arrival), but it is modern and comfortable. You have to give them a 50 RM a night safety deposit (even though I had paid in full and they had my credit card details!).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank karmicintent
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am delighted to know that you are satisfied with clean,comfortable room and the hotel location.

However I would like to extend my sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experiences as a result of our service shortfalls.

Your feedback is very important to us and steps to address our shortcomings have been discussed at length with my team.

I hope you will be able to visit again in the not too distant future and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next trip.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay. The staff are so happy to assist; the rooms are clean fresh and well designed; apart from the front rooms facing the street that make you a member of the audience for the loud nightly musical entertainment from the open air bar 1 street away it was a truly excellent place to stay; would return without hesitation and happily recommend to anybody.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank amigho
HSGeorgetown, Manager at Hotel Sentral Georgetown, responded to this review, August 3, 2012

Greeting from Hotel Sentral, Georgetown.

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Sentral, Georgetown. It is a great pleasure to receive such a wonderful compliments and I will definitely share to all my colleagues and staffs.

We thank you for choosing us as your preferred choice of stay and looking forward for the opportunity to welcome you back again.

canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

You enter this newly renovated hotel and note the bright reception/check-in desk. Breakfast area looks nice and clean. Rooms aren't huge, but bedding is clean, walls & floors are free of stains and scratches so all looks good. I stayed here for 3 nights with a group; we took 2 rooms. Worst thing about this hotel: housekeeping. I've come to expect that housekeeping straightens out the bedding, vacuums, mops, wipes, replaces towels as requested, empties the bins and refills amenities, tp, etc as needed. Whoa... not here. My housekeeper only made the bed and replaced the towels. Came back after visiting the city to see that some supplies were low, bins not emptied, used mugs were not replaced with clean ones, tp missing, floors not done. Some days some things were taken care, but not the floors. Also found the front desk service was unpredictable. One of their staff in particular told me he could not hire a taxi for me because the hotel did not have contacts. He walked away. Luckily another staff member who heard him say that promptly pulled out a brochure and dialed a number for a taxi company and got me a great rate. When I was having trouble with connecting to their internet, that same gentleman took my laptop from me and began clicking away at it - without so much as asking nor informing me as to what he was doing! Breakfast is sufficient to start your day and the menu changes a little day to day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank qasr

Greeting from Hotel Sentral, Georgetown.

Firstly, I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience that you had experienced during your stay with us at Hotel Sentral, Georgetown. Thank you for pointing to us on the issues about the services rendered. We will addressed the matter accordingly and hopefully on your next visit, you'll be able to notice the positive improvements on all aspects.

We thank you for choosing us as your preferred choice of stay and looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel was opened only this year so everything is very new (although I was told it was a renovated hotel). The staff was very friendly, check in and check out was quick and efficient. Everything including buffet breakfast is just appropriate for a hotel with this size and this class. Special praise to the young boy at the concierge whom I found very helpful during my 3 days stay. Good value for money!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank johnHongKong_China
HSGeorgetown, Manager at Hotel Sentral Georgetown, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Greeting from Hotel Sentral, Georgetown!

Thank You so much for taking time to share your experience with other Tripadvisor visitor about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Sentral, Georgetown. It is a great pleasure to receive such a wonderful compliments and I will definitely share it to all my colleagues and staff.

We sincerely thank you for choosing us as your preferred choice of stay and am looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again on your next trip.

Anaheim, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

This new hotel is located right in the middle of Georgetown with a walking range to Komtar which makes it convenient to get around by Penang rapid bus. Just walk across the street and you will find New Lane Hawker Center waiting to serve hungry folks with all kinds of local dishes, and of course, in a very reasonable price. The hotel itself is new, the room is good enough with all standard amenities. Overall i think its worth your money. Everything would have been perfect ,if the maid had not been that sloppy and left the 'so called' cleaned room uncleaned.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WebsterJohnson
HSGeorgetown, Manager at Hotel Sentral Georgetown, responded to this review, July 22, 2012

Greeting from Hotel Sentral, Georgetown.

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experiences with other Tripadvisor visitor about your recent stay with us.

Besides, thank you for pointing out to us on the issue about the cleanliness of the room. We will investigate the problem and will be addressed as well. Hopefully on your next visit, you'll be able to notice the positive improvements.

We hope you will be able to visit us again in the future and looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip.