I stayed here 10 years ago in a junior suite and felt like a King with it’s impressive views, separate lounge with settees, 2 toilets, desk, Jacuzzi bath in the double sink bathroom with separate shower.
I was so much looking forward to coming back for a 3 night stay with my partner to experience what was one of the nicest Hotels I had ever stayed in, but sadly this in not the case now for this tired and worn beautiful Hotel.
The location is by the sea (there is no beach here) approx between the centre of Georgetown and Gurney Plaza shopping mall. There is fairly large food hawker centre 2 minutes walk by the waters edge and if you feel up to the 20-minute walk to Gurney Plaza shopping mall you will pass many other eating-places. We took taxis into Old Town (10 RM), as it seemed to far to walk.
The rooms are well equipped with safe, iron, hairdryer, complimentary water, fridge, kettle, free wifi, air con, bed & lounge TV, complimentary toiletries etc. There is a 9th floor pool with great views and a spa area offering massages etc
Breakfast has plenty of choice, but lacked freshness. Items looked limp and pastries & bread were from the day before.
Rates were very reasonable and about the same as what I paid 10 years ago, but sadly this now shows in wear and tear.
Staff were great and made us feel most welcome. Shame the owners won’t spend the money to match this welcome. So say, they are refurbishing a floor at a time, but I get the impression it’s on a shoe string budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Northam All Suite, Penang is strategically located in the heart of Penang's commercial and leisure district. The hotel offers easy access to the city's historical and cultural landmarks. The spacious suites, refined with homely earth tone finishings, Jacuzzi and modern amenities will pamper your every whim.The 142 splendidly furnished and cozy suites are replete with opulent accommodations complete with panoramic views of the iridescent sea. Watch the sky light up in a glorious sunrise or end the evening with the sunset as day turns to dusk. This is a stay in ultimate indulgence. The Hotel is located in the heart of the new business and commercial district and less than five minutes away from all major shopping complexes and Gurney Drive. It is 20 km away from the Penang International Airport, approximately 20 minutes by road or 4 hours drive via the North-South Expressway from Malaysia's capital city, Kuala Lumpur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Northam All Suite Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northam All Hotel Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Georgetown
- Northam All Suite Hotel Georgetown
- The Northam All Suite Penang George Town