Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Dalia K
Egypt

Try this hotel it’s good

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 25, 2019via mobile
I had many visits before to Paris , first time find hotel with all I need in my room , bath room perfect
Area around hotel very nice , many coffe shops , Resturant , there is mall near here
Very quit place and elegant
Trip type: Traveled on business
  • Booking.com
    $24
  • Algotels
View more hotels in George Town
All reviews gurney drive sea view gurney area walking distance bit dated mineral water high floor f b spacious room local food shopping mall strategic location gym penang georgetown jacuzzi hawker
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel with all the amenities and services I am looking for in a typical 4* at a reasonable discounted price online. They upgraded me to a premier room which I only had to pay a small amount but the room had 2 double beds. So this was the downside. They said checkin was at 2 and I had arrived half hour earlier as the room I booked was not ready. I wish they could have upgraded for free as most hotels do. Room service took 40 minutes and the guy arrived with an unhappy face to deliver my food. I wish they had friendlier staff. Most of them did not smile. Why are they looking so unhappy? From concierge to recep to cafe.. they are in the hospitality industry. Nonetheless I still liked the hotel and I hope to come back and find better service in the future.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ppylee
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

Reception staff who serve me were friendly. Room is spacious, clean with comfortable beds and nice sea-view. Conveniently located, 5-10 mins walk to Paragon, Gurney Mall shopping n Gurney drive night food court. Hotel have got ample parking lots, overall have an enjoyable stay!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

I booked 2 connecting rooms during the festive period. The hotel wasn't packed with tourist or locals who returned to Penang for Chinese New Year celebrations. The hotel has been around for a long time but it is surprisingly very well maintained and clean unlike the neighbouring hotels. The pool is basic but the have a fantastic Kid's Club to keep the children occupied. They even have children books available (new and in one piece).
The service is great too. The housekeeping staff to porter boy is well mannered where they greet guests sincerely .
Kuddos to the maintenance and housekeeping team for keeping the hotel clean and well maintained.
The only draw back is the hotel does not have seaview anymore as the seafront is being reclaimed for Gurney Wharf project. Hopefully it will be better when the project is completed.
I would definitely be back again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2019

We stayed here a year ago and had a comfortable stay. The location was central and even though Gurney Drive is no longer a sea-front, it did not bother us. We had three rooms on the non-smoking floor. The rooms were big and had all the usual amenities though furnishings were a bit old and tired looking. We woke up in the middle of the first night sweating. It was cooler in the corridor than in the room. We made a complain the next day and the service guy cleaned the air-conditioning filters. The air-con was slightly cooler the next night. Service by the senior staff was still efficient and friendly but we found service especially during breakfast at Cafe Laurel, very very chaotic. Breakfast service was terrible with food really awful. Noisy crowds of people from tour groups as well as too many untrained staff made this breakfast experience something we dread to repeat. But we had to endure this for two mornings! Standards in the hotel have gone down the drain. What a difference a year makes! It will be a very long time before we even think of returning to this hotel again.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

Marble floors and bathrooms, ornate timber, huge ceilings, a classic spiral staircase to the ballroom. Gym has sauna and hot and cold cacuzzi, great to de-stress. Comfortable and adequate to launch into Penang.

Date of stay: January 2019