“Nice & Clean Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice & Clean Hotel”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I arrived at 10pm and check in on the 16th floor straight away. The room was so clean and tidy. The view from the hotel is so charming overlooking the city lights. I was there for 3 nights and everyday they cleaned and tidy the room even you didn't asked for it. The buffet breakfast is so good. I would come back again.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Karim J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

This is my first time to stay here.
My arrival on July 12 was very late on 9.30 pm .. Also have problems while check in because seems like I made double booking through their website ;(
So I admit I was reload the page because it displayed wrong arrival time , and I don't know its already booked once .. So I receive two confirmation Emails.. I thought it will easy to cancel . But reception made it a bit harder because the person who in charge already back home.. I suggest soon to call her but it takes half hour to understand what I want ;( I was so sleepy but still afraid that they charge me 2 rooms for 4 nights .. So right after they call the person in charge, they said its okay office will take care of my double book .
I got room on 6th floor .. spacious and modern .. huge bathroom and clean .
On 3rd days my Dad just realized that the kettle was very dirty.. Eww you wont like its water with white stain I use water from it for 2 days to cook my cupnoodle .. My appettite gone shortly :( why they didnt provide new kettle ... Really bad experience.. They soon change it but its too late I didn't trust any kettle at hotel now .. What if I use it for a month.. could get any stomach problem right .
I got free massage voucher also on their 2nd floor but feel its really unworth your money .. about RM70++ 90mins but what I got was covered with oil only , they should train all therapist there.. Wasted money for get sticky body though get any voucher I wont try it second times though the staff so friendly their skills really need to improved .
Well overall is okay for short stay .

• Stayed July 2014
Kuala Belait, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights last week. During check in, I was attended by one of d receptionists ( name is Diyn). Due to I had to request for extra bed, she offered me the premier room upgrade at a super reasonable price and actually saved our budget. The premier room was spacious woth a beautiful sea view. The rooms can be improved a little as it was outdated. Channels on tv werent as much as.expected. Another thing is the housekeeper. I called to have my clothes sent to my room (they sent previously but I wasnt in) however the housekeeper came back with a new set of towels. Location of hotel wise is good as its closed to few shopping malls like Gurney Paragon, Gurney plaza and the famous Gurney drive with tons of hawker food to offer. Recommended to stay here if you prefer much quiet environment. Otherwise staying in georgetown is also preferable.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kar2904
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed two nites at the hotel. Upon arrival, despite struggling with our luggage, no one came to help. Not even the usual door opening. Only after getting into the lobby did the bell boy came to take over our luggage. Checking in was slow but understandable because it was done by a trainee. We paid in full during our booking so when I asked why they still require me to put a deposit with them, I was given an unfriendly reply that every hotels do it!

The room is of good size but the furnishing looks a bit old and wall paper peeling off. This hotel does things differently. They do not encourage you to arrange for morning call but gave you an alarm clock instead. The problem it was not working! Not suspecting it was not functioning, we set it and overslept the next morning. I complaint and they replaced it with yet another out of order clock! One thing I must compliment them, is they supply three cans of soft drink in the mini bar daily for free! This is on top of the usual mineral water, coffee & tea.

We didn;t have breakfast at the hotel because we wanted to try Penang famous food. So we do not know about their food standard. However,upon presenting our welcome drinks vouchers which we can claim at either their cafe or lobby lounge, we were told there were two choices only ie. soft drink (;limited to coke or sprite only) or coffee/tea. We opted for soft drink and was given can drinks with glasses of ice. We were not even allowed to sit in. Instead we were guided to a make shift table just outside the cafe. So much for welcome drinks! Mind-well forget about it!

Location wise, this is the right place to stay. Near to two large shopping malls (one is brand new but lack crowd) and many eateries. However, please take note many of the restaurants along the seaside close fairly early (about 9 pm) during weekdays.

Room Tip: Sea facing room for better view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim Poh L
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was quite overwhelmed on arrival as the foyer is massive. Really felt like we were in an upmarket establishment. Room was clean, little dated though. Lovely city view, nice at night. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel but did try 2 of the themed buffet dinners. Each night is a different them. We tried the Japanese BBQ buffet and the Italian. They were both good, with heaps to choose from. Displays of desserts were lovely. A child dines free per paying adult so it was cost effective for us considering the kids don't eat much. Kids went for a swim I the pool, has a toddler pool also. Males and females have their own entry points to the pool. I didn't agree on my young boys having to go through the toilets alone but wasn't going to spoil their swim by arguing.

Location is good, walking distance to shopping centres and hawker centres, which unfortunately I didn't get time to try.

I thought the staff were a bit more unfriendly then what we are used to. Put it down to the fact that we don't usually stay in such large hotels. The door men would open the door for you but there was no greeting or they wouldn't even look at you. We had a very long check out due to an error about an extra bed The manager was called, in the end we left and have since sorted it out via email. On the first night the extra bed wasn't brought to us until 1030pm after us checking in at 730pm and 3 phone calls later. I was already in bed by the time it came and my son was very tired waiting.

I think with a family it would be better to stay in Batu Ferringhi which is what we did once before. Just thought we would try something a little different. We wouldn't return to Penang as we feel we have seen enough.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nessbali
Singapore
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We like to get out and explore the area around our hotel, and the location of this hotel is great, right on the water and close to good food venues and new malls. If you are planning on spending most of your time outside of the hotel, this venue is fine.
If you like to spend time in your room and using the hotel facilities such as the swimming pool, you might consider looking at another option. The rooms are not bad, but all of the carpets need to be ripped out, and the pool area is in need of a face-lift. The breakfast is fine, but when we ordered from the menu we were very disappointed.
The one shining area is the staff - from the check-in process we noticed how gracious and helpful they all are. If management could upgrade the facility and food to meet the standard they have set for the staff then they will have a great hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank aventurera1
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed from 23-26 June.

Check-in was a smooth process, with front-desk staff friendly. However, while i do not doubt the security in this hotel, i was bemused with the bellboy actions. He agreed to take care of the luggage, but after checking in, we saw our baggage unattended, with the bellboy nowhere to be found.

Rooms are spacious, the beds are comfy as well. The hotel gives a homely feel, and even provides fuji apples for people staying at the hotel to eat. They also provide free newspapers daily. However, reception of the TV was bad, and the A/C was very noisy.

The hotel provides good value for money, but do not 'walk-in' and get a room. Prices are 3 times more expensive. Location of the hotel is excellent, a short walk from Gurney Plaza. There is a direct bus from Komtar to opposite of the back of the hotel, although you do have to walk quite abit to the temples nearby. Breakfast is average, normal fare. Hotel generally quite clean.

Well worth a visit, though the A/C spoiled my experience

Room Tip: Request for a room with a seaview
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family