4,571 results
All reviews new wing planters lounge victory annexe corner suite sarkies corner infinity pool lone pine butler service cocktail hour old world charm sea view beautiful hotel colonial style high tea huge bathroom buffet breakfast finger food
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in August and had a nice stay. The hotel looks nice but for a heritage hotel it seemed too artificial and generic. It is quite big which kind of kills the the vibe. The staff was polite enough, breakfast tasty enough, pool was also nice but quite shallow. I thik there is a problem with the cleaniness of the rooms. Our had some dust in the bathroom. Location wise it is nice that we had an see view but not my realy favourite location in George Town.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank jakov-ar2018
EOH01Penang02, Manager at Eastern & Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear jakov-ar2018,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Eastern & Oriental Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time and that your stay was pleasant.

Your kind words are much appreciated, we will make sure to pass on your praise and comments to the related teams. We are sorry to hear that the cleanliness of the Rooms was not up to the E&O standard; we will certainly pass on your comment to our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that it is corrected for the future.

As our Heritage Wing is under Renovation since March and we will only re-open our historical Wing in mid of December, you stayed at our Victoria Annexe Wing which was opened just a few years ago.

Never the less, should your travel bring you back to Penang, please do let me know, I would love to meet you personally back here at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our very spacious room complete with with magnificent bathroom, parquet flooring and verandah overlooking the water was just fabulous - everything we’d hoped for and more. We stayed in the Annexe as the Heritage wing is undergoing a major revamp, but we weren’t disappointed and there was no construction noise at all. I particularly loved the pool, which I had to myself each morning - a rare luxury. At 35m it was great for lap swimming. Beside the pool, under the fans was also a great place to spend ‘happy hour’. Staff were great, as was the breakfast, but the wine list was pretty ordinary on the 6th floor casual restaurant.

Dear Sue K,

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing the Eastern & Oriental hotel in Penang. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your visit with us, in particular the food, the room, our Infinity Pool and the Breakfast.

I highly appreciate your kind words about our service and will certainly pass on your compliments to the team. Thank you for your honest feedback about the Wine List, and we actually just launched our new Wine List just a couple of days ago.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience with us and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I traveled to Penang on business, and I had not booked this hotel myself. Therefore, I did not know what to expect, especially since this was the first time for me in Penang.
The hotel staff has been just wonderful, very friendly and accommodating to one's needs.
The room was simply spectacular, with high ceilings, ample space, elegant furnishings, and - thank God - an A/C which was working very well. I did not have time to try out the spa or the gym, but the 6th floor swimming pool was spectacular, facing ocean side, and giving the impression of an infinity pool.

The breakfast buffet on the sixth floor ("Continental") was OK; I wish there had been eggs served alongside the usual fare of baked beans and hash browns. The buffet on the ground floor was simpley great, with a wide variety of food.
The hotel is within walking distance to Love Lane and historic George Town, even though not very close.
Compared to other hotels in the same neighborhood, this hotel definitely airs tradition, and aims at the clientele seeking elegance. I'd come here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Flyer824184,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel.

It is always heart-warming to hear that our team looked after you during your stay and I will make sure to share your review with them. Thank you for your positive feedback.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

I would highly recommend this amazing experience to any travelers who appreciated the finer things in life at a most affordable cost. The whole Hotel is seeped in the ambience of the British Colonial era from when it was founded. Everything from the staff uniforms, the decor and especially the rooms, transport you back in time but with all the modern conveniences. Excellent service from all the staff, pleasant and friendly advise in a variety of languages. Truly delicious cuisine (the breakfast is incredible!), the authentic "High Tea" is a top notch experience in itself. I'm definitely looking forward to my next stay here!

Date of stay: September 2019
EOH01Penang02, Manager at Eastern & Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2019

Dear Barryasia,

Thank you for your recent posting on TripAdvisor.

It's really great to read your positive feedback as it is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest. This goes to everyone in the Team who endeavor to make the Eastern & Oriental Hotel, very special.

Thank you for sharing and and let's hope we'll welcome you back again in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Superb service combined with delightful views over the Malacca Straits while enjoying the nightly ‘happy hour’ in the Annexe building. A short walk to the famous Red Garden Food Court and Penang Street. Food Hawkers everywhere and even a man selling freshly roasted chestnuts!

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank OLDNAVY054271
EOH01Penang02, Manager at Eastern & Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2019

Dear OLDNAVY054271,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Eastern & Oriental Hotel.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always heart-warming to hear that our team looked after you during your stay and I will make sure to share your review with them.

Thank you for your positive feedback.

I hope to welcome you again in the near future.