This was the best hotel we stayed at in Malaysia.
The only thing it lacks is a beach but then it makes up for that in so many other ways that it doesn't matter.
I'll say no more as it is not required - just book it.
If you only have a few days there I'd recommend hiring a guide/driver for 6 hours or so to take you to various spots etc. it makes it all very easy and you get so much more information and fun out of it - we also got a couple of fantastic restaurant recommendations.
Also recommend spoiling yourself at the recommended spa - great fun and very good value too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fastbooking, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town