The oldest hotel in Southeast Asia, the E&O old wing has huge rooms, well-designed bathrooms and gorgeous views of the water. The breakfast buffet is amazing - there is little you could want that is not available. The dinner buffet looked equally delicious. The pool in the old wing is very nice and there is a second, infinity pool in the new wing on the 6th floor. Unfortunately, the service at the restaurants and bar is very slow and the staff is not at all proactive. The wait staff needs better training. Other services at the hotel, especially the concierge were excellent, although they were unable to recommend a good local restaurant and repeatedly directed us to the food court nearby. I was disappointed that they do not have a spa but there was a nice yoga class offered on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town