After reading all the reviews we were looking forward to the EO. We stayed six nights at the Victory Annexe. The room and the bathroom were large and the sea-view was just magnificent. It's very close to the historic area of Georgetown. Service was excellent and Internet worked well. We very much liked the afternoon free buffet between 5 and 7 pm. The EO offers a free shuttle service to Batu Ferringhi (30 minutes drive) where we spent a great day at the beach in the Lone Pine Hotel (it belongs to the EO). Unfortunately, we were woken up almost every night as our stupid neighbors slammed the heavy door always loudly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Fastbooking, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town