Our stay didn't start well - no-one explained in advance that there were 2 check ins and inevitably we went to the wrong one only to be brusquely directed to the other. Reception was slow and understanding made difficult by noisy family parties in the foyer. But the room, when we got there, was delightful. We stayed in the Tower Wing and had access to the club lounge which provided a super terrace for free drinks and snacks each evening and for breakfast. The other public areas appeared very busy and noisy through our stay but we did have one exceptionally good dinner in the 1881 restaurant. The landward area around the hotel isn't particularly attractive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town