We concluded a very enjoyable holiday in Malaysia with a 5 day stay at the Eastern and Oriental. This is a grand old elegant hotel that is excellently maintained. We stayed in the old wing and the suites with a sitting room are well proportioned, looking out over the sea. Georgetown is full of interesting things to see and delicious things to eat and we settled into a routine of going out early in the morning, sight-seeing and having lunch at a local place, returning to the hotel in the afternoon to lounge around the pool. There is the original pool at sea level, with a spectacular new pool and bar in the new wing. The service at this hotel perfectly matched the high level of accomodation. We intend to return to the E&O, this time with a group of friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, Fastbooking and Ctrip TA so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town