One of the more interesting hotels we have stayed at since the National in Havana.
Very positives experience and agree with other posts.
My one small gripe - the free cocktail hour (it was 2 hours actually so no gripe there) but there was no one who would make me a cocktail or give advice on how to make one! You pour your own drinks and get snacks but instead of the triple g and ts I fancied a gin sling for example. Staff, who are plentiful said they couldn't help me. So had an extra large gin instead. Twice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town