If you are looking for a special unique hotel with character and history then this is it. The hotel which was fully renovated in 1996, has in recent years been extended and includes a new wing. We stayed in the existing heritage wing, had a sea view room which also included a small lounge and a very large bath room.
Staff were found to be extremely helpful in all areas with special mention to reception, concierge and the Farquar bar staff.
While we considered our stay to be a special experience, the hygiene standard could be improved. We found dirty black marks in the adjoining living / bedroom door, while the bathroom tiling grouting was in poor condition. However, we will definitely be back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town