Went on a family vacation and wanted to visit Penang. I browsed the hotels and we found the E&O had high reviews on trip advisor. We stayed in the Victory Wing and the rooms are very well done. The service was impeccable and the buffet breakfast was fantastic. Loong, who was at the front desk, was very helpful with local restaurant recommendations (check out Bali Hai for a great seafood dinner).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town