I had stayed at the old wing of the E&O over a decade ago and was pleasantly surprised that the newly opened Victory Annexe wing retains the charm of the old while offering fantastic ocean views. We asked for a room with a view of the sea, and were told that every room faced the ocean! Hotel designer was obviously generous and creative in use of space. Quality of breakfast was excellent, especially in its authenticity of local dishes like roti canai, nasi lemak and kuay teow. Those who want a continental breakfast in a quieter environs can opt for the lounge on the 6F, which also serves free happy hour drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town