Visit started badly after the hotel refused to honour Ebookers booking for 3 people, eventhough we had printed the booking out and brought with us. We had to escalate complaint to senior manager before sorted. Housekeeping was erratic and ground floor restaurant is a bit of a zoo, best avoided.
However Planters Lounge on 6th floor was great for both breakfast and evening drinks and gets a big 5 stars including the very friendly staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Fastbooking so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town