My wife and I just spent two nights here last week and loved it. We had spent two nights at the G Hotel and while the G was a decent business hotel, this place was wonderful. We stayed in the Victory Annex and while we weren't sure if we should stay in the Annex or the old part of the hotel we were not disappointed in our choice. They have done an excellent job in keeping the heritage of the hotel in the Annex, plus with added bonus of multiple locations for breakfast, all day tea and coffee in the Planter's Lounge, and 5-7PM Happy Hour in our very reasonable rate it was hard to pass up.
The rooms are large, well-appointed and tastefully decorated. I believe all rooms face the straits, at least ours did. There is still some latent construction going on, but it did not bother us.
The pool is on the 6th floor and is much nicer than the heritage wing.
Happy Hour rocks with lots of alcohol and some nice finger foods.
We took our breakfast each day in the Sarkies restaurant and it had a nice selection, cooked to order eggs, waffles, pancakes, roti, char kway teow, etc.
Service was good throughout, though coffee could be replenished faster, but that is just my coffee addiction speaking.
Very relaxed and stately ambiance in a good location with easy access to all Georgetown has to offer.
All-in-all, a great stay and would definitely do again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Priceline, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town