Was a little disappointed having read so many fabulous excellent reviews of the new wing as it still needs some serious snagging as its early days and I expect they were up against it with reservations. Rooms all have sea facing rooms and beds are excellent and comfortable. In room tea/coffee with free soft drink mini bar. Bathroom large and excellent water pressure with claw bath. There are free sundowner drinks and nibbles on the 6th floor which were excellent. You can also have breakfast there but best to eat breakfast at Sarkies on the found floor as much more choice and juicing corner which they get top marks for. The woodwork on the desk and the floors in the bedroom left something to be desired and were quite marked for saying they had only been open for two weeks. There is work still going and we changed rooms as the room next to ours was bare, still no flooring so to avoid possible noise the next day they moved us with no problems at all. Staff excellent but still training the majority of room staff which is evident. The staff on the front desk recommended the worst Chinese restaurant ever so was disappointed but the next night did our research and dined at Suffolk House which was delicious and in one of the oldest colonial buildings in Georgetown. Just a two night stay which was more than enough time in Penang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town