This was the last stop on our vacation through Malaysia, keeping the best for last proved to be correct and the E and O lived up to all our expectations! from the minute you are checked in the service we received was perfect, the reception area with its magnificent floral arrangements is stunning.
We had a magnificent view from our sea facing suit on the 3rd floor and the Ocean breezes were wonderful. The room was large and more then adequate with great amenities, good lighting over twin sinks and nice linens, the bed was comfortable with great pillows, there was even a butler button for room service, we never used it though!
The room was quite and peaceful and all the rooms have been upgraded over recent years.
The morning breakfast buffet was excellent, with a vast selection to suite all tastes and cultures, there were tables outside which we used and the minor birds are never far away, although not a nuisance. My partner and I loved this hotel and we would definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town