Once you enter the hotel, the whole feel transport you back to colonial times with an understated luxury feel. The room is more than spacious, I would call it large , with separate sleeping and living area. Be sure to splurge on a sea view room, you will not regret it. The windows open up to a 360degree sea view which is spectacular. If you go for breakfast, take the outdoor route to absorb the grandeur of the hotel. I like the little touches they leave around the areas like upholstered sofas on lift landing, they even kept a old lift for show with grilles and all.
Well-kept, little gem in the city! I would definitely recommend to friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as `The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era.In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Otel, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town