First of all my fiance and I would like to say a big thank you to those who helped make the surprise proposal happened!! It all began when we decided to celebrate my 29th bday in penang and at E&O .
Check in was a breeze, we were welcome by very friendly hotel staffs n later served welcome drinks before we were led to the hotel room. We booked the deluxe which we had the seaview.
On that very night, we had arrived at 1885 restaurant and again we were greeted by friendly hotel waiters and waitresses. Then after hourly chat and perfect dinner, there comes th surprise. My engagement ring was brought by a hotel staff on a bicycle .
We wanna thank Mr Rainfroy Harold, Jimmy , Ahmad , Adeline and those who were helping along and make this proposal successful . I was really surprised and n overwhelmed !
Keep up the superb service !
Elaine & Gerald
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Fastbooking so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town