A female friend and I stayed at the E&O for 5 nights and would thoroughly recommend to any one who enjoys old world charm and elegance. This hotel is well situated for sight seeing in Georgetown and has a free shuttle service to Batu Ferringhi if you are looking for beach..... I personally would not bother as we were not that impressed with the beach. The pool at E&O is lovely and the breakfast is excellent.
Staff are friendly and helpful and our only complaint was that they gave a recommendation to a Spa called Deluxcious which was a complete dud. Do NOT use this place. Find somewhere in town where it will be cheaper for sure and could not be any worse.
All in all a lovely stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Prestigia, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town