We had a great stay in the E and O. Beautiful well-appointed rooms which felt steeped in history and at the same time contemporary and up-to-date. We had an amazing view of the sea which really never got tiring- definitely make sure the room comes with a sea view.
Bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever stayed in. Breakfast was a tad limited but all items on offer were high quality. We also had a couple of the evening buffets in the same restaurant and again these were good quality, as was the room service. Pool very pleasant and plenty of room between loungers so even though it was quite busy, it never felt this way.
A really great experience overall, even with the hefty price tag. Would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Fastbooking, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town