We went to the above hotel for High Tea on arrival we asked the reception staff who were very polite,attentive and directed us to the appropriate restaurant which had a very colonial and posh feel.
We did ask before ordering if we were late at 4.30pm but we were assured that all food would be fresh.
The waiter advised us the food aspect is standard the only choice we had was a selection of tea's which we selected from a comprehensive list and ordered.
The High Tea arrived almost immediately with all the tea making paraphernalia the food presentation was good,however the sandwiches provide were dried and begging to curl the cakes were dry and over bleached.
So NOT FRESHLY prepared certainly not worth the money most annoying we did ask before ordering if the food would be freshly made to which the answer was a YES Sir.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town