Beautiful hotel right on the ocean, our room looked directly out on the pool, gardens and bay.
Our dinner in both 1885 and the bar were excellent. The breakfast was unbelievable. Envision the best hotel Sunday Brunch you ever had and that is what you receive complimentary every morning. Eggs cooked to order, fruits, pastries, cheeses, smoked duck and other meats, sushi, salad and noodle soups with seafood , and many other items I can't remember. Staff was friendly and in a great location within walking distance to shops and temples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town