My husband and I did not stay at the E & O Hotel in Penang but were invited by our families to have a buffet dinner there. It was Grill and Roast evening. Basically, you name it, there was almost everything there that you can possibly want to eat. The entrance to the old beautiful Colonial hotel was charming. The staff at the entrance wore uniforms of the old colonial type. All I can say is that if you don't fancy the local Malaysian food, there are also Western food available. The only snag was there are some young people who are very anxious to have their food, so if you are too slow to scoop whatever you dish you like on your plate and before you can put the tablespoon down, it's snatched away from you. Pity, as there were loads of food everywhere so there was no need to be rude but some young people are making it look like a fast food court which it's not. I took it all with a pinch of salt and not let that spoil my evening with my family. Very highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eastern & Oriental Hotel is the embodiment of both a special time and a special place. For well over a century, this remarkable hotel - known simply as 'The E&O' to generations of travellers - has stood as a testament to the grand elegance of the British colonial era. In many ways, it has also come to represent Penang itself; its story inextricably woven into the island's history, its traditions an indelible part of many a traveller's treasured memory, its name synonymous with the magical island once known as The Pearl Of the Orient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline and Fastbooking so you can book your Eastern & Oriental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastern And Oriental Hotel
- Eastern Oriental Georgetown
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang/George Town