This hotel was a great place to stay to see the sights of Geogetown. Walking distance to some places or else short taxi or trishaw ride. Right near Chinatown, food outlets, 24 hour shop etc free shuttle bus outside and friendly staff inside. Have non smoking floors too and a security elevator. There is a business centre, pool/spa and steam and sauna with Gym. The resturaunt is good for evening meal of buffet and reasonabley priced. Breakfast was reasonable. There is a laundry around the corner if you need washing done cheaply (cheaper than hotel by far).
I enjoyed staying here and definately would recommend it and stay again. Great price and was much better than I expected!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town