“Cititel Penang Biz trip”
Review of Cititel Penang

Cititel Penang
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Singapore, Singapore
“Cititel Penang Biz trip”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Been to Penang for biz tip always stay in Eastin or Vistana , but I must say Cititel Penang is the bext location for tourist , breakfast was good but seems like catered to more Japanese food.
Room was a bit of old side , air con also had some funny smell even I stay NON Smoking.
Read some reviews here , did not knew about the free internal transfer , will stay in Cititel for next biz trip or personal trip as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank WEIPENG
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, May 31, 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for deciding to stay with us during your recent trip to Penang and many thanks for taking the time to share the review of your stay.

We look forward to your continued support and to welcoming you back for more return visits, be it for business or leisure.

With kind regards and best wishes for the new month ahead.

Tony Goh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Im Paramewari from kl used stying at Cititel Penang on 20th April 2014.I my self and my fren really loved our stay at this lovely hotel.We really enjoy our stay, Nice size room, very comfortable bed n pillow , food style wow n for the staff done the wow service by attend with cheerfull n warm welcome... its impressed me. Very professional but extremely friendly and helpful staff.. Thank yiu All .... If i come again to Georgetown i will stay again in Cititel Penang... I will recommend my frenz n Family Too....

Room Tip: We Thank to the bellboy and also all the staff..
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank anniekriyzen_92
Dear Ms Parameswari

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang

I am very delighted to note that you had an enjoyable time in Penang and that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. My team and I truly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel facilities and services.

THANK YOU for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang for yet another fulfilling stay soon.

Best wishes for the new month ahead.

With kind regards,

Singapore
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

On a business trip to Penang and have my friend to book us a hotel and get to know this hotel.
It was a nicely located hotel. The only problem we have is that due to the age of this hotel, the carpet is smelly and the air-con is not cold. But likely the hotel rooms come with a ceiling fan which help to cool the room. When we were there, they having renovation. The staff are nice and also the buffet breakfast are good.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank rayswee
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, May 4, 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us and trust that you had a good trip home.

My sincere apologies for the lack of attention to details in your room – please be assured that this is not our usual standards of service that we maintain here at Cititel Penang and I have personally spoken to my Housekeeper and Maintenance Manager to ensure that this does not recur.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay on the whole and thank you once again for taking the time to write. It is through your feedback that we can continuously strive to improve and ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It's a simple hotel, not a very brand new, but it sits on great location.

There are plenty of foods around, near to massage place, etc etc.

I was driving there so I don't really eat around there, but saw a lot of bars, restaurants and convenience stores.

The furnitures are a bit old, but all working as it supposed to. So there is no complain at all.

The room size is not so bid, but not so small either. (I will put the pic later).

Car park quite little, but we always get the spot. Sometimes only left 1 or 2 spots. So, no complain at all too on this.

I don't really have special impression, but I don't mind coming back here again.

Room Tip: The higher the better, as usual
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kebosatu
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, April 28, 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, our location is indeed one of plus points and many of our guests are pleasantly surprised at how convenient it is to move around from here for shopping, dining and even sight-seeing, be it by foot, by trishaw, by car or by public transport.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Cititel Penang and thank you for making us your preferred hotel on your next visit. See you soon.

Bristol
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel is in a fab location and the breakfast is good. The croissants were a but stale but the Chinese buffet was very good.

We had some issues-
We were initially given a smoking room and were not even asked if we wanted that. We could smell smoke in our room and had to spend the first night sleeping in a smokey room as they didn't have anything else.

The room is okay but feels a bit old and dated.
Also the windows to the rooms do not open at all, which I find annoying as I like to let in some fresh air.

Finally the internet connection is soooooo infuriating!! If you are touring around like is, we really rely on good internet so as to book next hotels and travel plans. The internet in this hotel is so slow and keeps dropping every five seconds.
In the end had to resort to making Phonecalls but the phone didn't work as they had blocked it because we had not paid a deposit!
We had to call reception, pay a deposit and then they unblocked it!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bristolbakedalaska
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, April 21, 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for taking the time to share the review of your recent stay. I read your comments with great concern and am disappointed to learn of your stay experience here with us.

I regret your discomfort on the first night due to our rooms being fully booked at that time and could not offer you an alternative room. We do not have a totally smoke-free environment policy at our hotel, hence, our Maintenance Manager and Housekeeper are constantly looking into improving the air quality within the hotel, especially that of our public areas and our guestrooms.

Our guestroom windows are always locked as part of the safety and security measure of this hotel. However, the window can be unlocked upon guest’s request and signing of the indemnity form. It is our policy to request for a RM100 deposit upon check in – we regret that we had to disable the phone connection as you had declined paying the deposit when you checked in.

I am sorry to hear that you had a connectivity issue during your stay. I have asked our IT personnel to check thoroughly as we have substantially increased our bandwidth and number of access points recently on our guest floors, hence this matter should not arise, unless we have guests downloading heavy files which may have affected the connectivity. Alternatively, we do provide complimentary WIFI access at the Internet Kiosk, located within the Main Street Café, Lobby Level which I hope, had assisted you.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write as it is through your feedback that we can continuously strive to improve and ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Once again, my apologies that your stay was not up to expectations on this occasion. However, I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again for another stay – do contact me at gm@cititelpenang.com if I may be of further assistance.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We spent 3 days 2 nights in Penang recently and put up our stay in Cititel Penang as recommended by a close friend. It is located in the heart of the city and close to many eateries. On top of this, there is a free internal bus service to transport visitors around the main areas of the city. The hotel has a large lobby area but unfortunately there is no entertainment provided such as reading materials or desktop computers to access free internet.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Keep up this good work!

I would recommend it to my friends who want to stay in Penang.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank smlim52
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang and trust you had a good trip home.

It is most heartening to read the review of your recent stay with us – thank you for your gracious comments of our team’s services and hotel location.

I am sorry to learn that you were not informed of the Internet Kiosk at the Main Street Café, our 24-hour café, located on the Lobby Level, where our house guests and patrons are accorded complimentary use of the computer units as well as complimentary broadband internet access. We do have reading materials provided at the Main Street Café too.

I sincerely hope that this did not cause you any inconvenience and did not deter you from enjoying your stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us again soon.

Thank you for your recommendation and please do not hesitate to contact me at gm@cititelpenang.com if i may of further assistance with your reservations.

With best wishes and kind regards
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 days 3 nights during 26 feb till 1st march 2014. Was here for a short getaway with my colleague. We choose this hotel as it is in a very good location. Walking distance of 5-10 mins to 1st avenue mall, komtar, chowrasta market ( place that u can buy pickles and souvenir, also they have old bookstore that sell 2nd hand book at low price on 2nd floor), Sup Hameed restaurant (u should try as they served mutton soup super delicious), restaurant kapitan @ chulia street and the famous Nasi Kandar Line Clear stall. Opposite the hotel, it have quite a few good and nice cafe to try it out. There are plenty of minimart that operate 24hrs. There is a bus stop opposite the hotel where you can catch the free shuttle bus or other buses directly to Penang Hill or Gurney Drive. Taxi stands are just opposite and its easy to get cab if you do not wish to wait for public buses. Surrounding by club, for sure your night will never be bored.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank AiiniiAli
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, April 8, 2014

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for your review - I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and happy to note that you have done quite a bit of exploring too. Yes, many of our guests agree with you on how easy it is to get around the city with Cititel Penang as your base whilst in Penang.

My team members and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your experience with us.

Terima Kasih and kind regards,