Walking through the door U will be amazed by the big lobby. Hotel it self is not too bad, rooms are a bit smaller when compared with Bayview, but location again is much better. Stayed on the 6th floor. Internet is a bit slow in the evening, but I could live with it. Room contained everything you need and an iron which saves a call to the room service. Overall rooms kept clean.
Parking wise, it is free but you need to pay RM4 upon arrival and will be refunded when you leave. If staying for a few days, in and out of car park tell the teller you already paid he will ask for receipt as proof but saves U from getting confused with the refunds.
Hope this review helps
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotel.de, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town