Cititel Penang
$73
$70
$145
$125
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
$145
$113
$54
$52
$113
$90
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
$127
$108
Agoda.com
$68
$46
$93
$90
Priceline
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
$39
$34
Agoda.com
1,104 results
All reviewsred gardendeluxe roomwithin walking distancelor bakfamous nasi kandarsea viewchowrasta marketnon smokingceiling fancendolfree cat buscheck in was quicknight lifehigh floorcorner roombuffet breakfaststrategic location
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Huge hotel at the edge of the old town. It is a bit of a walk to the jetty (20 minutes) but the free CAT bus has a stop across the street from the hotel. The room looks a bit aged but is clean, with the bathroom recently renovated. A few stains here and there but it is generally clean. It is a busy hotel with many patrons in the lobby at most times of the day but sound-proofing seems quite decent and noise was not a major problem. Hotel staff are knowledgeable and helpful, especially the concierge, who organized an airport drop-off in a nice vehicle at very reasonable market rates.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hkg2009hkg
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Guest

Gong Xi Fa Cai and Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang!

I am delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay with us and are happy with our hotel services and facilities. My team and I thank you for taking the time to write and your kind comments are most appreciated.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to your continued patronage.

Wishing you a great Lunar Year of The Horse!

With best wishes and kind regards

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is our first time in Penang. The hotel location is good; accessible by bus and its surroundings are good. It is just opposite to the Red Garden, our favour place to eat.
The room is ok; clean and functional. The service is good; the staff is friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast is excellent but a bit disappointed on the buffet supper.
Overall, we have a good time in Penang and will certainly visit Cititel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Peter C
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang and hope that you had a good trip home.

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our services and facilities during your recent stay and I am indeed very pleased to know that you and your family have had a wonderful stay with us.

I have shared your kind comments with my team members here and have thanked them for their dedication and hard work in ensuring that our guests have a fulfilling stay with us.

All of us certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Penang again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@cititelpenang.com if I may be of further assistance.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

With kind regards

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I once lived in Penang as a student but for this trip, my husband and I planned to be the so-called 'tourist'. We stayed in Cititel Penang because we want to 'feel' the life as Penangites. The hotel is close to food stalls, bars, shopping malls and so on. We saved a lot of money by walking to one distance to another. Plus, if we get tired, trishaws are always there !

However, we didn't satisfied enough with the cleanliness of the room tho we asked to make it up everyday. I hope the management will do something about this.

But whenever we go to penang, we will definitely reutrn to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.
Thank you for taking the time to share the review of your recent trip to Penang and thank you for staying with us. I trust that you had a great time down memory lane when walking around George Town!

My sincere apologies for the lack of attention to your room – I have highlighted this to our Housekeeping team and please be assured that this will not recur. i certainly hope this did not detract you from the overall enjoyment of your stay.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and thank you for your recommendation.

Gong Xi! Gong Xi! Best Wishes for a Happy & Prosperous Year of the Horse!

With kind regards

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was my second stay in Penang and my second stay at Cititel. The location is great, being in the heart of George Town and the price is very reasonable.

Upon walking into the hotel again, it was nice being somewhere that I was recognized and remembered. That's a great feeling, given that it was one year ago when I last visited. The treatment was great, the information I asked for was really helpful and it was really nice having a knowledgeable staff.

The staff turnover is obviously quite low as I recognized many staffers from my last visit. I always view that as a good sign about the work environment for everyone involved.

I can say with certainty that if when I visit Penang again, I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Personally, I prefer the upper floors as it is possible to get a nice ocean view from some rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Scott G

Hi Scott

Good to have you back! Thank you for staying with us again -truly appreciate your full score of 5 points.

Very glad to note that you had an enjoyable time in Penang and many thanks for your recommendation.

Look forward to welcoming you back again and until then,

Gong Xi Fa Cai and our Best Wishes for the Year of the Horse!

Warm regards
Tony

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We came from Pangkor island by taxi and just came to see how much this hotel would cost per night.
Location was good and service was nice. Hotel is little bit old but it's clean and ok condition. Hotel restaurant is little bit boring and the food was basic.
There' no outside pool at the hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jussi S
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for taking the time to share the review of your recent stay with us. My team and I hope that you have had a pleasant time in Penang and we thank you for sharing your kind observations.

Our hotel has just recently completed a refurbishment programme which included an upgrading of our guestrooms, lobby, 24-hour restaurant and the addition of a new outlet (the Citi Lounge located on the Mezzanine Level), gymnasium and the Wellness Centre (on Level 3).

Regret that we do not have an outdoor pool, but our indoor pool with jacuzzi, on Level 3, often provides our guests with a welcome respite after a day out in town.

Thank you once again for writing and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with your next booking.

Until then, our best wishes for the year ahead.

Kind regards