“perfect. absolutely perfect.”

Ranked #20 of 84 Hotels in George Town
Moscow, Russia
“perfect. absolutely perfect.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I liked this place. It is clean and has a tasteful design. The price is slightly higher than I expected it to be, but the hospitality of the staff covered up for it. Wifi isn't perfect though, which is sad.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed in the end of the hallways, this way there will be much less noise hitting your roo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ethan1el
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang and trust that you had a good trip home.

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay with us. I am truly appreciative of your kind words about our services and facilities and have shared them with my team here.

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings of the wi-fi connectivity - we have been experiencing some issues with our wifi connection of late and are working to resolve it – I sincerely hope that it did not detract you from the overall enjoyment of your stay here.

On a happier note, THANK YOU for the full score in this review and for taking the time to share your experience at Cititel Penang.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Penang.

Tony Goh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Booked Cititel based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor. Check in was easy and I'd like to thank Calvin at the front desk for making it such a breeze. Rooms were small but I was in town for business and used it mainly to sleep, so it didn't bother me too much. Bed was comfortable enough for me and I had a good rest during my stay. One negative on the water outlet drain being too close to the toilet bowl because you might step on the drain cover and some guests won't like it.
The location of the hotel is unbeatable. You're Penang Road so there's something for everyone. Food, bars, discos, knick knacks etc It's all here on Penang Road. You don't need the breakfast in the hotel because there's simply a lot more tastier choices outside.
Will definitely return to Cititel when I'm on business. The service is great and location is perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for your kind comments and it is wonderful to know that you have enjoyed your stay here. I have shared your thoughts with my team and conveyed your gracious comments about Calvin to him with much pride.

Yes, many of our guests have expressed their delight on the location of our hotel and how easy it is to move around in town when staying at Cititel Penang.

My team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks for selecting to stay with us through Trip Advisor.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at gm@cititelpenang.com if i may be of further assistance with your next reservations.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My Family and I had a 3 night stay from 7 Nov ~ 10 Nov, nothing spectacular about this hotel other than they are situated in a very convenient locations to some of the interesting historical attractions like Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion and Peranakan Museum which we enjoyed it much because we are NONYA.
Nevertheless, it is also quite easy to find places to eat, especially RED GARDEN FOOD PARADISE & NIGHT MARKET just opposite the hotel, they had some very nice local dishes and it does not cost a bomb. Overall, i will still come back to stay at Cititel, even for business. Simply because of Location. Well Done.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jtej2008

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for your kind comments and it is wonderful to know that you have enjoyed your stay in Penang - trust that you and family had a great time going down memory lane when exploring the heritage sites in George Town.

We look forward to welcoming you and family back to Cititel Penang and thank you for recommending our hotel.

With kind regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and i had a 3 night stay at the Cititel Georgetown and found it a very good hotel. We had a room on floor 10 non smoking. Hotel is situated in the middle of a '' foodies paradise.'' Every kind of eating imaginable to any budget . Hotel staff were helpful and friendly, room was kept clean and stocked with drinking water / tea /koffie/ clean towels / fridge and free Wi Fi . Also a top class Buffet brekfast each day . We would stay there again .

Room Tip: Choose a non smoking room and a high floor if you like a view of surrounding Georgetown . This is...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

It is indeed a delight to know that you and your wife have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for you gracious comments on our hotel services and facilities and for your recommendation.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you both back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

convenient location to all key George Town attractions, such as the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansions, Mural Art Trails and Penang Delicacies (Jln Kimberly, etc). Room is very clean and adequate. The lobby of the hotel is very grand. However, they do not provide two way land transfer to the Air Itam, therefore we had a hard time coming back although the staff at the lobby said that there is a lot of taxi at Air Itam.

Overall, it is a very great stay. We are very satisfied!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang - we trust you had a good trip home.

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Penang and for taking the time to share the review of your stay - your positive comments of our team members, facilities and location are most appreciated.

My Team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back for more return visits and please do not hesitate to let me know if I may of further assistance with your future reservations with us.

With kind regards and best wishes,
Puchong, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is located close to Penang's famous Chowrasta market and some hawker food stalls. One of them is the "cendol" iced sweet dessert.
We stayed on the 12th floor and the room was clean.
However, the corridor reeks of cigarette smoke although this is supposed to be a non-smoking floor. The bathtub is a little worn/damaged.
The keycard access system is cranky - the elevator sometimes refuses to recognize it.
The indoor swimming pool is terribly small and not worth the effort. While we were there, some kids were fooling around in the pool, jumping and splashing in the small pool and generally being a nuisance. They also monkeyed around in the adjacent gymnasium and there was no supervisor to keep everyone in line.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank StChin

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Penang and I hope that you had a good trip home.

Many of our guests enjoy exploring the city’s heritage enclave, food haven and shopping bazaars whenever they stay with us. I hope that you and family have enjoyed the same experience too.

Thank you for sharing your observations during your stay; please accept my apologies for the inconvenience encountered with the key card security access panel in our lifts. We are having the panels checked again and if need be, will have the faulty panels replaced.

Regretfully, our hotel does not have a totally smoke-free environment policy but our Maintenance Manager and Housekeeper are constantly seeking ways to improve the air quality of our public areas and in our guestrooms. I regret the discomfort encountered with the lingering smoke smell on the 12th floor.

I am disappointed to know that our pool was not up to your expectations - our indoor pool with jacuzzi, although not equipped for serious swimming sessions, is aimed at providing our guests a welcome respite from the hot afternoons in Penang.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back again soon.

With best wishes and kind regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed there for a 2 nights business trip and it was great!
The room was relatively small but knowing Cititel they don't offer big rooms at their hotels..
Breakfast was excellent with a wide range of choices from local to international that would spice your tastebuds!

Location wise the hotel is located smack in the middle of the town.. its a walking distant from the ever famous nasi kandar line clear and other shopping/food attractions.

Customer service was excellent and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this review, October 27, 2013

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

Thank you for the postive review and I am very glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

My team members and I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Cititel Penang on your next visit and our sincere thanks once again for sharing your experience with us.